Powered by Blogger.

Review: Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation

Thursday, November 11, 2010



It can withstand rain, wind and I would even bet gail forces..This is not a car or plane I speak of but Laura Mercier's new Créme Smooth Foundation. This is a brand I tend to overlook, love their products but never seem to buy them. Not anymore!

I have always had a flighty relationship with foundations, proclaiming one to be the perfect concoction and then realising its flaws soon afterwards. However, after almost two weeks of this foundation, I'm in love with it and I don't think I want to change it.

I went to my local Laura Mericer counter with the idea of buying the mineral powder foundation, but as I have dry skin was forced to consider this new formula. Thank God, I did.

What they say:

Laura created this modern, lightweight foundation that floats over skin without visibly settling into fine lines. The hydrating formula includes a multipeptide complex infused with Dermaxyl and advanced optical diffusers that help to visibly smooth out lines and wrinkles.

What I say:

Don't let the formula in the gar fool you, when I first saw it I thought I would end up looking like a cakey mess. However it really is lightweight, but provides the perfect amount of coverage; enough to cover imperfections but not make you look like Jordan on a bad day. You need only a pea-sized amount of product all over the face as it blends so well and you use your fingers to lightly apply it to the face. Not only does it leave the skin with a truly flawless coverage, but it definitely keeps it hydrated throughout the day.

I have had this problem with other foundations, where my skin feels tight and I feel the need to moisturise and reapply the foundation. With this Laura Mercier one, it feels as if nothing is being worn and the skin is moisturised all day. And it lasts, all day long.

I would not recommend this product for oily skin, as it's main aim is to hydrate; but any other skin type would benefit from its usage. Now, it is expensive; 60euro/£50 but the amount used each day is so minuscule that it will literally last ages.


I use it together with the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, which I apply with a small concealer brush to the under eye area. Like the Créme Smooth Foundation it is so soft and lasts the whole day on my face.


Step 1: Apply concealer to inner eye are with concealer brush
Step 2: Blend with ring finger
Step 3: Bright eyes


Have you tried this foundation/concealer?

My Youtube

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP