Powered by Blogger.

Review: Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish lipstick in Dark Wine

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finally, I have a new review for you all today.  It feels like it's been forever and a day since I've done one of these, so I truly respect your patience and understanding.
I've been meaning to talk about this product for a long time.  I bought it probably a month ago now, when select Wet 'n' Wild lip products were randomly 50% off at my Walgreens.  I had been looking to try out a dark lip color for fall, so this seemed like the perfect chance (How can you say no to a $0.49 lipstick?).

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish lipstick in Dark Wine #522A

(My flash washed out the color a bit, I'm sorry!  The truer color is noticeable in the swatch)

Price: About $0.99 at Walgreens (They often have Wet 'n' Wild on sale, though, so you can easily score it for 50 cents like I did!)

Quality/formula: For being not even a dollar, these lipsticks are golden.  Now, I'm not too familiar with lipstick formulas and describing them, but this one is creamy and not overly drying.  It does dry down to almost a stain-like finish, though, which is great for people like me who dislike the feeling of product on their lips.  I totally forget I have lipstick on!  
The creaminess of this lipstick makes it easy to apply.  I get a good 3-4 hours of wear until the color begins to fade.  This is perfect for me, because usually by that time I've been eating and drinking.  When it starts to fade, it's not splotchy, either.  A little lip gloss on top would make it wearable without re-touching for another hour or so.

Color/finish: I'm adding in this category because I'm so particular about the color and finish of my lipsticks.  I typically stray far away from dark, even red colors, but this one was a cream finish so it seemed less intimidating.  This is a beautiful shade of red/berry.  A lot of the other colors in this line are really frosty or too brown looking, so I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched Dark Wine.

Unfortunately, there aren't many other cream finishes (From the looks of it anyway.  I could be wrong!). I don't do frosty lipstick, so this is a con for me.

Packaging: Lastly, the packaging.  Unfortunately this is where the cheap price is most obvious.  The container snaps shut just fine, which is good, but it just feels cheaply made and inexpensive.  However, this wouldn't bother me so much if the lipstick just screwed all the way down into the tube.  I hate when companies do this.  Look:
The Mega Last lipsticks do the same thing, it's so annoying!  But that's what you get for $0.50, so I don't hold it against Wet 'n' Wild too much.

Pros:
-Inexpensive, easily available
-Good formula
-Decent wear time

Cons:
-Poorly packaged
-Limited color/finish selection

I'm really impressed with this purchase.   I really didn't expect much coming out of it, but I'm happy I ended up trying this!  Do you own any of these lipsticks?  I'd love to hear if you like any of the other colors!  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP