Powered by Blogger.

Favorites, finally! (As of recently)

Monday, April 18, 2011

I know I totally missed my March favorites post- I had every intention to do it (I've been able to try out quite a few new things recently compared to normal), and then time just escaped me.  However, I decided I could still do a favorites post even if it's not an official "monthly" one.  I hope that's OK with you all!  I'll still do an April favorites so I don't get off track.





Clockwise from upper left:
1. Lancome color design quad (filigree, kitten heel, click, the new black)-  My mom got this eyeshadow mini as part of a GWP and since she doesn't really wear eyeshadow, she gave it to me.  The colors are gorgeous!  I'm not a fan of The New Black (I have it in the full-sized version from years ago) as the glitter is chunky and the texture isn't smooth, but I'm in love with the peach, taupe, and gold.

2.  Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting blush in Natural-  I got this over spring break but started using it regularly just recently.  I'm not a huge fan of shimmer blushes, but the color is perfect- it has enough pink to still be peachy (without leaning too orange).

3.  Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 115 Ivory- I've been using this on and off for the last month, and it's what I turn to when I'm in need of a bit more coverage.  It's still on the lighter side of the spectrum, but being someone that really dislikes foundation, it gives me enough without feeling heavy.  It's also creamy and moisturizing on my dry skin.  I was actually a little surprised I was this light, but seeing as I haven't gone out much this winter my skin has lightened up a fair amount.

4.  ELF Studio contour brush- I'm loving this for more precise crease work.  I wrote my review of it which you can find here!

5.  Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous- This is the version with the curved brush.  I bought this to use for my friend's makeup in the film I worked on, and then I kept it for myself afterwards. ;)  I'm planning on writing a review of it in the near future, because I love the volume and length it gives.  I normally dislike Maybelline mascaras so I was a little surprised!

6.  NYC Smooch-proof 16-hour lip stain in Forever Mine Wine- This might go into holy grail status for me in terms of lip products.  I haven't tried many, but this one lasts literally all day and fades evenly.  The color is gorgeous, too- extremely flattering on my fair skin.  I'm planning a review on this one too.

Swatches:
Left to right: Lancome color design quad, Physicians Formula blush, NYC lip stain, Maybelline Fit Me foundation

Thanks for reading!  I also received my Sigma F80 flat top kabuki in the mail this week, so stay tuned for my review and giveaway. :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP