Powered by Blogger.

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is... happiness in a bottle!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A few weeks ago, I blogged my thoughts on the ELF Studio tinted moisturizer (click here to read it!), namely how I felt it was much too sheer in the coverage department.  Well, the lovely and super gracious Jennifer of Jen's Beauty Blog offered to send me her bottle of Laura Mercier Illuminating tinted moisturizer so I could try it out (I always wanted to try out a LM tinted moisturizer but couldn't rationalize the price).  She told me it didn't work for her because it wasn't oil free, and that since we were similar skin tones it might for me.  I received it in the mail at the beginning of last week- after much anticipation!- and have been anxiously trying it out.
Before I go on, thank you so much Jennifer for your kindness!  She went completely out of her way to do this for me, and it's greatly appreciated.
Has it been working for me like I had hoped?

She included a cute note along with the bottle :)
Swatch- Laura Mercier Illuminating tinted moisturizer in Bare Radiance
Blended into hand

Blended in on face, without any other products
(Please excuse my untamed eyebrows... oh my.) 
Having only tried drugstore tinted moisturizers before (and not really all that many to begin with- Physicians Formula, Cover Girl, ELF), and knowing that Laura Mercier makes some of the best TMs in terms of coverage, I was really excited to try this out.  From reviews I've read, I figured that this product was right up my alley in terms of what I look for in coverage, texture, etc.  
Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer is a lightweight, buildable sheer foundation formula that delivers a youthful, radiant finish, while protecting skin from the damaging rays of the sun with SPF 20 protection.
It runs $42 for 1.7oz, and comes in three shades (Bare Radiance, Warm Radiance, Golden Radiance). 

Color:  The shade Jennifer had and sent to me is the lightest- Bare Radiance- which suits my NC20-25 skin tone really well.  At first I thought it would be too yellow for my skin, but it actually counters the pinkness in my face quite well.  The lightweight formula is also forgiving.  I can see the limitations in shade range being a downside for many people, but fortunately her Laura Mercier's regular tinted moisturizers come in a much wider selection.

Texture:  The consistency is kind of like a runny lotion, if that makes sense.  It's thick enough to feel moisturizing, but still thin so it covers wider areas.  This makes it easy to smooth on using my fingers.  In comparison to my ELF Studio tinted moisturizer (which is quite runny) it is thicker and more like a cream.

Finish/Coverage:  Being an illuminating tinted moisturizer, it has a nice, dewy finish.  It reminds me of how my skin looks after I apply my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil- not shimmery, just kind of "glowy".  I wouldn't recommend this for oiler skin types just because it isn't oil-free and the finish could enhance any excess oil.  For my drier skin, however, it feels refreshing and perks up my skin.
In terms of coverage, this is leaps and bounds better than my ELF Studio TM (which covered little to nothing).  This Laura Mercier TM gives lightweight coverage- enough to even out my skin tone, covering up redness, small scars, and milk discoloration.  With my pimples/breakout areas I find I still need concealer but on most days I can skip it (especially since my skin is FINALLY clearing up a little! YES!).
I have some redness around my nose/T-zone, as well as on my cheeks.  I also have minor acne scars and a few pimples in my T-zone.  Around my eye area and on my cheeks I have light freckles.  

I've been using this in combination with either my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, or Bare Minerals foundation which I just tried for the first time today.  The latter is great for a little extra coverage.

Wear Quality:  For me, this lasts from the time I put it on to when I take it off (so on average about 12 hours).  I don't normally have a difficult time with foundations oxidizing too quickly, especially with how dry my skin has been lately.  Compared to my Bare Minerals, however, this wears considerably better.  I love Bare Minerals but towards the end of the day I always notice my acne scars showing.  With the Laura Mercier, the lightweight coverage stays put when I need it to. 

Overall, I'm really happy that Jennifer was able to send this to me!  I'm seriously considering checking out Laura Mercier's regular tinted moisturizers or lightweight foundations when I run out.  It's easy to apply, looks amazing, and hasn't irritated my skin in the slightest.

Wearing it with light application of Bare Minerals foundation on top

What are your experiences with tinted moisturizers?  Thoughts?  Thank you for reading!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP