Powered by Blogger.

Matte Drugstore Eyeshadows

Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm really a drugstore makeup kind of gal.  I've always been thrifty, probably as a result of my low income childhood, but I just can't justify spending $14 on a single eyeshadow for myself.  I mean this in NO WAY to be disrespectful to those of us who love MAC, Too Faced, or other higher end brands.  I believe to each her own and I own some high end things myself, which I love.  Really, it all comes down to the fact that I am cheap.  Yup, I said it.  I don't like to spend a lot of money on things and I get pretty excited when I find a great product at a great price.  So here's my point.  I love drugstore and affordable makeup but recently have found that the variety is not always the same as with higher end products.  For example, I really wanted to expand my collection of matte, neutral shadows and the drugstore selection is... well... lacking.  So I've shopped my local store and my own stash and came up with some drugstore and inexpensive shadows that are all great matte shades.  I hope you enjoy!


The first one from Wet N Wild's Color Icon Collection.  The shade is Brulee, which is a really smooth cream shade.  This is one of my favorites.  It's super inexpensive (usually under $2) and blends really well.  It makes a great lid, highlight, or all over shade.

This one is from Maybelline and is the shade Earthly Taupe.  It's a great natural shade for the lid or the highlight, if you have darker skin than me.  Perfect medium tone.  It retails for around $3 from Walmart.com.


This gorgeous deep brown matte shade is a CoverGirl single in Brown Smoulder.  This is one of those shades that I have to have in my collection.  It is so multi-purpose, pigmented, and easy to blend.  This is a perfect crease or liner shade for any look, but I especially love the way it looks with other matte shades.  You can pick it up at Walgreens.com for around $3.50.

This Maybelline trio in Almond Truffle is really natural and I love the lid shade, as it is really unique.  It's sort of a lavendar taupe gray shade.  This palette works well on it's own and is under $6 from Walgreens.com.

Physician's Formula Matte Collection Eyeshadow Quad in Canyon Classics is on the pricier side but the shades are really good quality and super blendable.  The dark brown is very cool toned, which can sometimes be hard to find in drugstore matte shades.  This product retails at CVS.com for around $7.

This last one I just picked up yesterday and haven't had much chance to use it, but the shades definitely have some pigmentation to them and are soft and smooth.  This is L'Oreal's Canyon Stone, which is the palette that got me started thinking about this whole drugstore matte blog.  It runs under $5 at Walmart.com.

Hope this gives you some ideas and please feel free to share in the comments about any drugstore or affordable matte shadows that you love!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP