Powered by Blogger.

Sigma F80, you are my new favorite foundation brush.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yes!  My Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush finally came in the mail on Saturday!  I've had a few chances to use and wash it now, so I wanted to share with you my thoughts ASAP.  
I was really excited that this was the brush Sigma was sending me, because I've been wanting a good brush for stippling in foundation.  I was using my ELF Studio powder brush, but as I've mentioned a few times it's not love for me (I find it eats up too much product- it IS a good buy, though, just not my favorite).  I've read nothing but good reviews on this Sigma flat top kabuki, so I was hoping I'd have a similar experience!  


They wrapped it up nicely in the packaging- I think they do this with all their orders, from what I've seen in other reviews.  Nice!  I feel like I'm unwrapping a present, haha.




Yay!  The brush head is actually much smaller than the ELF powder brush, which I wasn't expecting (from other review photos I thought they'd be about the same size).  I like it, though- the bristles stick together better and don't "fray" out as much as the ELF brush.  It's also easier to get into smaller areas of my face.  It takes a little longer to apply products with because it's smaller, though.

F80 on left versus ELF powder brush on right- sorry for minor blurriness! 

I love that it doesn't absorb all my product.  I used it with my Maybelline Fit Me foundation yesterday, and was able to use less than normal.  In terms of the way my foundation looks after using this to stipple it in, I'd say it's about the same as when I use ELF's powder brush.  This one just feels like much better quality- the ferrule isn't coming apart from the handle and I don't foresee that being a problem, either.  The bristles are soft to the touch, making it easy to apply all over my face.

I washed this right after I opened my package and didn't experience any shedding of bristles.  I did, however, during the first couple of uses.  Just a total of two or three individual strands, but I'm hoping I don't see any more with continued use.

Overall, I say this is a quality-and versatile!- brush from Sigma.  I love that you can use it to apply both powder and liquid products.  It's the first of hopefully many that I will try in the future. 

If you're interested in trying this, it's available from the Sigma website.
Have you guys used the Sigma F80?  Any other brushes you'd recommend?  Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for review via Sigma Makeup's affiliate program.  I am not being paid in any way for my thoughts.  All opinions are 100% my own with no bias towards the company.  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP