Powered by Blogger.

Shatter on hot pink: Zoya Tobey and OPI Black Shatter

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm probably the last person ever to post nail swatches of a shatter/crackle nail polish... and I must admit these photos have been sitting on my hard drive for a lot longer than I had intended. Anyway, I really really love the way this combo looks- surprisingly enough I've found the black shatter a difficult colour to pair other nail polishes with. My instinct says to pair it with a soft colour, but the black ends up overwhelming any nude/neutral base.

So... hot pink it was!

Zoya Tobey in natural light

Zoya Tobey with flash
OPI Shatter in natural light

OPI Shatter with flash

I'm interested to try other shatter colours, but am a bit wary. Any suggestions of shatter polishes that work with a softer base colour are welcome! I've also tried China Glaze crackle in purple, but to be honest, I'm very disappointed with it. It's pretty much... crap.

I also broke my nail polish no-buy. I am a weak, weak woman.

xox Chloe

p.s. don't forget to follow my blog(s) with Bloglovin, if you have it! I feel so very lonely being their only followers :P (I had to give them at least one follower! 1 looks a little bit less sad than 0, I think.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP