Powered by Blogger.

Better-late-than-never June favorites

Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Friday!  I have the day off, and I'm enjoying it as best as I possibly can!  Blogging, going to see Bad Teacher later with my cousin, and sitting outside in the sun (not without my SPF 45 of course ;).  What are you guys doing today?  I hope it's nice where you are, because I know I'm not the only one who is super excited it's summer!
Anyway, today I have my better-late-than-never monthly favorites.  When picking these out I actually had to think more than I usually do- I have quite a few things I started loving towards the end of June, and I almost put them in this post but will wait until July's.  I'll do mini-reviews under the products I haven't reviewed on the blog already. :)


ELF Essentials Blending blush
This is actually my sister's, but shh, don't tell her please!  She left it when she was here and I have yet to send it back to her.  Uh, this is as awesome as the other reviews say it is- you can apply eye shadow and blend with it.  Now, I still like my MAC 224 for light blending and a more precise tip- this ELF brush is dense and can blend color out too much if you're not careful.  Still, it's one of those one-and-done brushes that I can't get enough of.


Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal mascara
Hmm.. holy grail drugstore mascara?  It's one of the only Maybelline mascaras that I like, and also one of the few mascaras I've repurchased.  I've worn it in several EOTDs on the blog, and I also have a (very very old) review here.  It gives me awesome volume and thickness- not so much length, but average- and just plain organizes my lashes to my liking.  This one is also about ready to be tossed, sad. :/


Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle roller, tinted
Yeah, this one kind of surprised me (and if you remember my review of it here, you'll know I wasn't too impressed with its coverage initially).  It still gives sheer-light coverage of my dark circles, but the cooling properties mixed with the lightweight formula has made it one of my favorites this month.  I've been topping it with a light layer of my Bare Minerals foundation to help add more coverage, too.



Alba Botanica Acne Dote Invisible Treatment Gel
I picked this 2% salicylic acid acne spot treatment at Target a few weeks ago, not really sure how it would work.  I've used several different spot treatments in the past (a few from Clean & Clear and Neutrogena), but not knowing much about this brand, I wasn't sure.  It works better than any that I've tried!  I don't have bad acne, but I get lone whiteheads in my t-zone pretty frequently, and prefer salicylic acid treatments over benzoyl peroxide.  Acne Dote claims to zap them in 4 hours, and it definitely works.  I first tried it overnight (which worked), but the next evening I applied it after dinner, and by the time I went to sleep (roughly 4-5 hours later), I didn't need to reapply.  This doesn't totally erase the mark of the pimple, but it reduces the size so you don't have big bumps on your face (or a giant whitehead).


ELF Mineral Booster in Sheer, Left: unblended, Right: blended

I'm still in the works of a full review of this, but I'll just say here that it's a nice basic powder.  It doesn't give me the same effect that my loved Bare Minerals Mineral Veil does, but it finishes foundation nicely.  I have to reapply throughout the day to keep completely shine-free.  It blends into my skin flawlessly, however, so you can't even tell you have powder on.  You can see how finely-milled the powder is in my swatches.


Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadow samples
I'm loving the dimension and sparkle that these colors have!  And the samples have plenty of product in them to last quite awhile, since you don't need much pigment.  DGC was the first indie company I purchased from, but last week I put in an order at Meow Cosmetics for some more samples.  I can't wait to get them!

What have you guys been loving this month?  Hope you're having a great day!
xox

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP