Powered by Blogger.

Skin Secrets

Monday, July 11, 2011


Even before I completed a beautician course last year, I had an obsession with good skin. Plagued by problem skin in my early teens (a bit like rosacea), when it finally began to clear I wanted to keep it that way and never go back to the embarrassment that was my old skin. After years of trying products that keep my dry skin hydrated and are gentle enough for my sensitivity; I've compiled a list of what has worked for me and that I'd recommend for people in the dry/sensitive skin category. 

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

I have probably been using this cleanser for the past four or five years and genuinely don't think I will ever stray away from it. Not only is it gentle on the skin, but when it is removed with the muslin cloth not only does it leave your skin feeling clean, but it gently exfoliates without irritating. I can't recommend it enough and if you want to see my ramble on my love for it click here

£13/15e

Liz Earle Instant Tonic Boost

Again, this is a product that I've been using for years. It works as a toner and can be used after cleansing to close the pores and remove any excess makeup still left on the skin, leaving it ready for moisturiser; or it can be used throughout the day to freshen up (especially on planes!)

£11/13.25e

Oilatum Natural Repair Cream

This is one of two of the best moisturisers I've found for my skin-type. Not only does it instantly relieve any tightness but manages to keep the skin hydrated all day and is the perfect base for under make up. It contains natural ingredients and is free from fragrances, preservatives and emulsifiers. 

£8/10e

La Roche Posay 50+ Anthelios XL Melt-in Cream

My introduction to this product came when a woman in work told me that while she was waiting for her face lift, she was recommended by the plastic surgeon to wear this suncream everyday. Laughable? Yes. But she was bloomin' right. This suncream creates a velvety film on the skin, keeping it hydrated all day but also acts as an anti-aging product due to its high factor spf. It is free from perfumes and is paraben-free.

£14/17e

Estee Lauder Idealist Serum

This is a serum perfect for younger and those with dry skins. Its partner product Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair works well too, but is nowhere near as hydrating. This can be used in the morning for a burst of hydration under moisturiser and then at night to keep the skin hydrated. While it does have perfumes in it (citrus), it leaves the skin feeling velvety and has never caused a reaction in my skin. 

£38/45e for 30ml

Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator

Again, this a product that is extremely gentle on the skin. If you use the Cleanse and Polish, the need to use the exfoliator will be less frequent as you are exfoliating with the muslin cloth. But this is for days when your skin feels dull and needs a little 'pick me up'. It doesn't hurt the skin, and uses small granules to gently exfoliate. 

£11/14e for 70ml

Elave Intensive Cream Moisturiser

This is the second of my favourite moisturisers and is a lot richer than the Oilatum. It can be used in the morning and at night, but needs a few minutes to sink into the skin. It instantly relieves the skin of feeling tight and leaves it moisturised for most of the day. I prefer to use it at night, as it is thick and takes a while to seep in. 

£5/7e

Xen Tan Perfect Blend

While this isn't skincare, it is a tan that doesn't cause any irritation and doesn't dry out the skin at all. If you moisturise regularly it lasts about a week on the skin. 

£38/40

Have you tried any of these products? 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP