Powered by Blogger.

Makeup Area Makeover: Part 4 - Details

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Did you miss parts 1-3 of Makeup Area Makeover?  Here's the links to the other posts!
Part 1: More Space
Part 2: Spice It Up
Part 3: Pink Accents

So I was finally done with all the major work and now it was time to put it all together.  Here are some photos of what my makeup area looks like!


My new nail area.  The flower basket holds makeup items I've used up for my makeup diet.  It sits on top of my beauty books.  In front are two photo holders.  The one on the left is a butterfly.  The one on the right is a flower.  They were on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $0.60 each!  Then we have my spice rack of nail polishes and to the right, in the black and white polka dotted box are all the essentials I need to do my nails.  Now I just toss my polish in the box and I can take it downstairs to do my nails with everything I need.  :)

My free table now holds the new sterilite drawers and on top of them is the other spice rack.  I bought the strand of pink metal and mesh flowers in the outdoor decor section of Hobby Lobby for $3.67.  The trail around the table nicely.

Flower trail!  You could also cut the ribbon holding them together to make more than one chain.

The vanity tabletop now has some life to it!  Pops of bright pink color make it more fun and girly.

I made the top shelf of this 360 degree rotating spice rack even more organized by adding more decorative boxes, shown in part 3 of my Makeup Area Makeover.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results.  But of course, I don't feel like I am finished yet!  I would like to add some accents to the sterilite drawers like are shown in this video (http://www.youtube.com/user/bdazzlecolors#p/a/u/0/bk-MhgDevKw) as well as cutting out some pictures of makeup and laminating them to place in the butterfly and flower photo holders.  If I get around to doing that soon, there just might be a part 5 to this series!  Until then, I hope you've enjoying watching my area transform and I also hope you've gotten some ideas of your own on how to beautify your area.

Missed a part of this series?  Click the links below to see what you missed!
Part 1: More Space
Part 2: Spice It Up
Part 3: Pink Accents

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP