Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Easy double-winged eyeliner

Sunday, July 17, 2011

This is a little stretch compared to what I normally do in terms of eye makeup.  OK, big stretch!  I never do colored liner on my bottom lash line, but I decided to try it.  My next challenge would be to actually wear this out!
I was inspired by a blurb in the new InStyle magazine (with Katie Holmes on the cover) about graphic eyeliner on the runway.  The models shown had thick, winged eyeliner in bright colors.  Theirs was a lot messier than the look I did, so I'll have to try that sometime soon too.
Anyway, for this look I kept everything else simple and focused on making the eyeliner/wing the most important piece.  I used a few different skin toned shades from my Coastal Scents 88 matte eyeshadow palette- I think the matte finish helps make the overall look more refined.  I used the smudge end of the Covergirl Liquiline Blast eyeliner to help create the wing shape, and geesh, smudge-tips are my saving grace!  They make applying eyeliner so much easier.


Thumbs up for sparkle! 

Products used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base
-Coastal Scents 88 matte eyeshadow palette, matte beige for lid, white for inner corner/browbone highlight
-Wet n Wild Lust eyeshadow palette, matte deep magenta & matte eggplant to "set" eyeliner, shimmery cream to highlight
-Covergirl Liquiline Blast eyeliner in Violet Voltage for upper lash line liner
-Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliner trio for hazel eyes, magenta shade for lower lash line
-L'Oreal Double Extend Illuminator mascara

So basically it's just a simple way to pull off a somewhat "bolder" eye look, if you want to go that route but don't want to commit. ;)  Hope you enjoy!
xox

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP