Powered by Blogger.

Two EOTDs: something different and a daytime smokey eye

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I've been playing around some with my Darling Girl Cosmetics samples since my order arrived a couple weeks ago.  It's so fun!  Except most of the looks I've done aren't so interesting- I'll use one DGC shadow and mix it with another brand, or just use the DGC shadow all over (because they're so pretty by themselves..!).  Yesterday, however, I forced myself to get a little creative and put together this EOTD.

I love it all besides for the inner corner, which is actually a champagne Sally Beauty eyeshadow that I used all over my lid and into the crease (I was going to do a really simple eye look and then changed my mind!).  For some reason the photos make that shade look orange, but in real life it looks like a soft champagne.
My silly camera actually washed out the colors of this look a lot- for example, the teal on my lower lash line is really the matte green from Wet n Wild Pride 6-pan eyeshadow palette.  It's a pretty vivid green!  But my pictures totally don't capture it. -_-
Anyway, let's get on with the pictures and I'll stop my rambling.


Blurry but I liked the way the colors all reflect light and blend together ;)

Products used:
-UDPP Original
-Sally Beauty connection eyeshadow in Champagne (allover lid and up to browbone)
-Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadow in Sugar Minuet (lower half of lid and outer corners)
-Wet n Wild Pride eyeshadow palette, shimmery teal (layered on top of champagne shade in crease)
-Wet n Wild Vanity eyeshadow palette, matte cream (browbone)
-MAC Beauty Powder in Too Chic (browbone highlight underneath arch of eyebrows)
-Wet n Wild Pride eyeshadow palette, matte teal (lower lash line)
-Covergirl Liquiline Blast eyeliner in Black Blaze (upper and lower lash line)
-Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal mascara
-ELF Clear Lash/Brow gel (to keep brows in place)

I love doing looks like this that incorporate colors but make them wearable.  Bright shades usually intimidate me, but they're super easy to pull off with a lighter hand!

This next look is one I did today; it's a simple daytime smokey eye using the ELF Studio cream eyeshadow in Dawn as a base.  And please note!  The eyeshadow isn't creased, it's my silly eyelids.  If I don't hold my eyes a certain way when taking pictures, they bunch up like that.  (And my eyebrows... I need to clean them up, which I realized after taking these, LOL)


Products used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base (primer)
-ELF Studio cream eyeshadow in Dawn (as base)
-Wet n Wild 8-pan eyeshadow palette in Comfort Zone (the shimmery browbone shade on the top right, it's an olive-y pewter shade, used all over lid)
-ELF Studio eyeshadow in Pebble (crease)
-MAC Beauty Powder in Too Chic (LE, used as browbone and inner corner highlight)
-Victoria's Secret eyeliner in Dark Forest (upper lashline and smudged into lower lashline)
-Physicians Formula Organic Jumbo Lash mascara
-ELF clear lash/brow gel for eyebrows (loving this!)

If you have any requests or suggestions for looks, please just let me know!  I'm open to criticism/tips/advice.  Thanks so much everyone! 
xox

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP