Powered by Blogger.

More empties than I thought!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

You guys know how great it feels to finally finish a product (well, and how sad it is when you finish something you love).  I always read these type of 'empties' posts and think "gee, I wish I were able to finish products so easily!"- then the other day I looked in my bathroom cabinets and found quite a bit that I've just recently finished.  So while I tend to buy more than I use up, maybe that way it's just more gratifying when I do hit 'pan'?  (I still don't know how you guys can do P10P, though.  Someday.....)



Mario Badescu Cermide Herbal Eye Cream sample
Can you believe I just finished this after having it since January?  I did my post on the samples I received here, and that was almost six months ago.  Granted I didn't use the eye cream daily (it's a little too rich/thick for my eyes and occasionally makes them itch) but a little goes a long way.  I'd have a hard time buying myself an eye cream as I've never seen a difference with any that I've tried, and this one was no exception. 
What I'm using to replace it: Clinique All About Eyes eye gel (because I have to see what the hype is all about..)


ELF Essentials eyeshadow quad in Nouveau Neutrals (champagne shade)
I got this quad at the beginning of last summer I believe, and the champagne shade has been a favorite ever since.  I'm not 100% finished with it but probably only have a few uses left.  It works great as an all-over wash of color to brighten up my eyes on a lazy makeup day.
Repurchase? If I didn't already have enough neutrals, yes.
What I'm using to replace it: Urban Decay Sin, MAC Naked Lunch


Jergens Natural Glow Express gradual tanning lotion
You can read a more in-depth review here.  I've seriously scraping the remnants out of the bottle.  The smell is tolerable and doesn't linger all day, and you see color the next day (natural color!).  I wish I could buy this in a big ol' bottle because I love it.  
Repurchase? Yes.
What I'm using to replace it: Jergen's Natural Glow daily moisturizer 


Epielle Cucumber Cleansing Tissues
I finished this bag and I'm not almost done with the Green Tea version, too.  My routine for makeup removal/cleansing is Pond's Cold Cream for eye makeup, these Epielle tissues, then my Aveeno cleanser (see below).  These don't irritate my skin and remove makeup just fine.  My only qualm is that I wish they were a little more saturated, but they get the job done.  Oh AND HELLO THEY'RE ONE DOLLAR!
Repurchase? Yes, in the green tea scent.
What I'm using to replace it: Epielle Green Tea Cleansing Tissues


Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Favorite daily facial cleanser, if you didn't know already I hope you do now ;).  It doesn't irritate my skin, keeps me breakout-free, and gently exfoliates my more sensitive skin.  Earlier this year I tried out a bunch of different cleansers trying to find one I liked, and I went right back to this one.  I've repurchased this probably five times over the years as it keeps my skin looking bright and healthy.
Repurchase? Yes yes!
What I'm using to replace it: Well my second bottle, but it's almost out so until I get a new one I'll be using my Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel.


Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment acne medication
This has 2% salicylic acid in it and is supposed to help fight pimples as well as the spots they leave behind.  They have a different version that I'd like to try now that I'm done with this one.  I've had this for probably a year and a half, and it worked better earlier on- I notice it helps with acne marks still, but it used to more.  I'm wondering if after a certain amount of time it stops working so well?  If anyone could tell me, I'd love to know thank you!  But up until about six months ago this worked really well at reducing pimples and helping with mild scarring.  Now it still works, but slower.  And the Alba Acne Dote is my new favorite.
Repurchase? Not right away, no (I want to try the other version).
What I'm using to replace it: Alba Botanica Acne Dote

And a cheater, kind of...

ELF Studio Complexion Perfection face powder
If you've read my blog for awhile you've probably seen this a few times, LOL.  I'm determined to use this until it's done now, as I just want it gone!  I've given it a bad rep on here, but it's actually good if you're looking for a matte finishing powder that controls oil.  I don't really look for either in my finishing powders (so it's not a personal favorite).  I actually really dislike matte finishes in foundations or face powders, but I can make this work with a highlighter or shimmery blush.  And at this point I just want to finish it.
Repurchase? No.
What I'm using to replace it: ELF Mineral Booster in Sheer

Have you finished up anything recently?  Questions, comments, suggestions for posts, let me know! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP