Powered by Blogger.

EOTD inspiration: using one eyeshadow

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This EOTD was inspired by Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog's recent look, using NARS Outremer eyeshadow (which is part of the Fall 2011 collection).  All of her looks are gorgeous, but the simplicity and awesomeness of this one in particular made me try it out myself!
The basic premise is taking one bold eyeshadow and creating a simple, super-dramatic eye.  When you use a vivid shade like NARS Outremer (like Karen did- a deep blue- it's the only eyeshadow you really need to make an entire look.  I don't have a color like Outremer so I opted for a deep teal green (Revlon matte eyeshadow in Tempting Teal), which has a similar-looking finish and depth.  I also made my more wearable for daytime- I didn't wing out the shadow in the form of a cat eye, and I blended it out a little more than I would if I was going out, kind of like Karen did.
Check out Karen's post (link at the top of this post) for the step-by-step tutorial.  She makes it super easy to create the shape of the eye and then explains the importance of the right brushes!


 I apologize for the glassy eyes- I was dealing with some personal issues last night, and this morning I was welcomed with red/puffy eyes, nice!



Products used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base
-Revlon matte eyeshadow in Tempting Teal 
-Shimmery ivory eyeliner for inner corners and under brow arches
-Covergirl Liquiline Blast eyeliner in Black Blaze
-Fresh Supernova mascara
-ELF clear lash/brow gel (for brows)

Karen's look, isn't she gorgeous?

Hope you guys have a great Tuesday! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP