Powered by Blogger.

Makeup Diet Rules

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I've been thinking about this makeup diet thing for several weeks now and I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do.  I really wanted to try to use up some things and stop buying for awhile but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a Project 10 Pan, Makeup Diet or Makeup Spending Ban.  I knew a Project 10 Pan would probably take me another year to complete and I didn't think I had that kind of willpower (being honest with myself).  I finally decided to just call it a Makeup Diet and put some rules for myself in writing.  If they're in writing then it's like a contract to myself and I'll be less likely to mess up, cheat, or just plain give up on the whole thing.  So here are my rules for myself of how long I plan to do this and what I can and cannot buy.

Rules:
1. Timeframe: I can't buy anything from the "can't buy" list until after I get my next paycheck (September 1st).  July 11th was the last time I bought anything from my "can't buy" list so that would make about a month and a half of no makeup buying.  Pretty good for me.
2. Can't buy list: makeup, self-tanners, hair products (hair spray, gel, etc.), skin care products with SPF 30 or lower, makeup brushes or other applicators, fragrances
3. Can buy list: hair accessories (hair ties and bobby pins), skin care products with SPF 35 or higher (tinted moisturizer is counted as makeup so that's a no-no), skin care products for ance (my daily face wash, spot treatment, etc.), nail polish and nail accessories
4. Exceptions: If by some miracle, I can actually find something super unique.  But let's be honest, brown eyeshadow is not unique and neither are crease brushes.  But a matte nude drugstore eyeliner... now we're talking.  Also if I completely run out of something (for example, face primer) then I can replace it.

That's all I can think of for now but you never know when I might decide to add something else to one list or the other.  For now, I'll focus on some things I'm trying to use up.

Use it then lose it!
Back Row from Left to Right: Bodycology Body Splash in Coconut Lime, Dove Body Splash in Cucumber Green Tea, Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in Porcelain Ivory, Hard Candy Sheer Envy Face Primer (don't worry, I have a back-up!), and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Ivory

Front Row from Left to Right: e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer, Essence Clear Gel Mascara, Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner Pencil in Espresso, Essence Long Lasting Eyeliner Pencil in Almost Famous, Ardell Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown, Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pencil in Brown, and a sample size of Hard Candy Plumping Serum in Uptown Girl

Also, in addition to the items shown here, I am trying to use some free samples of things I've received in the mail.  I wouldn't count them as Project X Pan items or anything, I've just had them for a long time and need to use them also.  Plus it will give me a break from using the same items all the time as people often do when on Makeup Diets!  To use up, I have a sample of Bare Minerals face primer and eye primer, Urban Decay After Glow Glide On Cheek Tint in Quickie, and a few other random things that I can't remember right now.


Finally, here are a few things I've already used up: Clinique Happy to Be sample, Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Lip Balm, a sample of Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer (which I really liked) and a sample of Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil.

There are also a few things that I'm trying to use up or that I use every day but which I never seem to see a dent in but I thought I would put that in a separate post.  Wish me luck in dieting!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP