Powered by Blogger.

Haul (No Cheating!)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today I went shopping with some friends and picked up a few new items.  But no worries, I didn't cheat on my makeup diet!  I was pretty proud of that, considering the fact that we met at Sephora!  I even saw the makeup line at Payless for the first time and wasn't even tempted.  I'm just to the point where I know I don't need any makeup so I don't even want it.  Here are a few things I did want.


The first two items I picked up at Target and both are hair accessories.  At the top, I finally found the dark hair Goody Spin Pins!  Yay!  I tried them out and was amazed at how well they worked!  So many of these "innovative" hair products have burned me before but this one is great!  Easy to use and does what it promises!

Below, I picked up another Goody Product.  It's an ouchless headband.  I actually love the two together also!  One of my most worn hair looks this summer has been a messy bun with a headband!  I have to say though, I have a different one of these ouchless headbands already and I think it is much more comfortable than the new one!  This one is tighter and not so ouchless.  We'll see if it gets better with time.

Lastly, I've been looking for a moisturizer for my face, neck, and chest with a high SPF.  The sunscreen I have currently from Aveeno made me break out in itchy, scaly hives on my neck!  So I wanted something SPF 30 or higher that would not irritate my skin.  I picked up this moisturizer with SPF 50 from Cetaphil.  Since it's classified as a facial moisturizer and not a sunscreen, I'm hoping it will be more gentle on my skin.  And if not, I saved the receipt and the woman at the counter said I can return it.  :)  What I like about it (first impressions!) is that it is in a squeeze tube so you can get all of the product out, but it also has a pump applicator so it's easy to get out now.  It also has a rather thin texture that blends easily into the skin, although it does smell a bit like sunscreen.  Also, since I live in Florida and the sun is really intense here and I'm very fair-skinned, I always go for high SPF, which this product has.  I have high hopes so far for this moisturizer and I'm really hoping it doesn't disappoint.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP