Powered by Blogger.

(A very early) birthday present, meet my new camera!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You know how "mom always knows best"?  I think my mom has proved that saying true at least a thousand times over the years.  She seems to know exactly what I need, what to say, what to do, no matter what the situation is- and in this particular instance, she knew I needed a little pick-me-up.
I've mentioned a few times this summer about my search for a new digital camera (as a birthday present), and since my birthday is usually a couple weeks after I leave for school, we've celebrated it early a few times.  So I was pretty sure this present would come early- not this early, though!  But this afternoon my mom suggested we go over to the camera place and take a look.  To my surprise and delight, I came home with a beautiful, new camera.


Canon Powershot Elph 100HS
Photo taken with my old camera, a Canon Powershot A530 (like 7ish years old!)

I love it so much!  I've had such success with my old camera, a Canon Powershot A530 (see picture below), as long as I get the lighting right.  But it's already around 7 years old and it was just so big and hunky- seriously, every time I'd bring it out with my friends around they'd poke fun at me, LOL.  

This Powershot Elph has so many cool features that my old one doesn't, though.  I won't go into all the details and bore you, but I'm so happy with it.  And it's pink!  It also has HD video, so I'm going to experiment with taking videos as well (if you guys would be interested, of course!).  

A few test pictures!
Review/comparison post of this balm coming soon!


Old camera.  You've served me well! 


Anyway, I hope this camera will help in making my blog better for you guys.  Having better, clearer pictures for the blog was my main motivation for getting something new. :)
Oh!  And thank you all so much for your kind comments in my last post.  I really appreciate your care/concern- it means the world to me.  xox

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP