Powered by Blogger.

Sigma Flat Top Kabuki

Sunday, April 3, 2011


I was kindly sent the Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki F80 for review about two weeks ago. While I have a few different foundation brushes, nothing I own is similar to this type. I have used it everyday since I received it and I really love it.

What they say:

This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.



What I say:

The first few days I used this brush I received so many compliments on what my friends called my flawless skin. I used the brush with my YSL Teint Resist foundation and it worked a treat. It gently buffs the product into the skin, providing an almost airbrushed effect. The bristles are so soft and there was no shedding when I washed it over the course of the two weeks.

However, there were a few negatives I found while using this brush. The first was that when I washed it, I could never seem to get the centre of it perfectly clean no matter how hard I tried. While I know myself the brush was clean after washing, the tiny foundation stain in the middle of the brush drove me slightly crazy. And second, less importantly, it takes a lot longer to dry than my other brushes. This is because of how dense it is, and isn't particularly annoying but means that it should be washed the night before using it again.


After washing

I do really like this brush, though, and it has definitely replaced any other foundation brush I had used previously. Its soft, the handle is easy to work with and it creates a flawless, airbrushed base. I have never tried any other Sigma brushes, but am certainly tempted after having used this one!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP