Powered by Blogger.

New Year, New Me?

Saturday, January 1, 2011


I'll be the first to admit that I hate New Years celebrations with a passion. I hate the awkward ten second countdown to midnight, I hate the over the top hugging and kissing that ensues, I hate that people feel the need to get drunk in order to ring in the new year and I hate the fact that people feel they must go out to celebrate it.

Having said that, I did go out this year. My friend is moving away so had a joint going away/New Years party and I felt obliged to attend. While most of my friends drank themselves into oblivion, I just sat there feeling out of place and scratching the nail polish of my nails. There were good bits to the night, but I dislike the holiday so much I felt I couldn't enjoy it.

I'm not one for resolutions. I usually punch way above my weight and end up failing miserably in the first few days. However this year is one that I want to be better than last; to be happy, for my family to be healthy, forget some people existed and meet new ones I'm glad do.

I've put in a few photos of what I wore last night, sadly had to change the dress because I thought it was too fancy. I got a new video camera thingy yesterday that takes photos too. It's HD so every blemish is highlighted, I apologise in advance!


Face:
Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
Mac Harmony and Melba Blush
Sleek Rose Gold Blush

Eyes:
Mac Painterly Paintpot
Urban Decay Sin e/s (all over)
Mac Amber Lights and Antiqued (middle) and Twinks e/s (outer corner)
Urban Decay Aqua Liner in Black
Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara

Lips:
Nivea Lip Balm/Condtioner



Happy New Year!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP