Powered by Blogger.

Close-to-Dupes!

Monday, August 23, 2010

After seeing Jamie's MAC dupes over at Maquilagem Masstige, I decided to look into my collection and see if I could find any!  It's always fun to find out you don't have to go high-end for some of these shades.
Today I'm talking about two eyeshadows that I had thought were dupes for two of my MACs, but after swatching them I realized they weren't quite spot-on.  In any rate, they are still very similar and give the same effect as their MAC alternatives.

First I have MAC Retrospeck and its dupe, an eyeshadow from the ELF Eye Brights palette:


Retrospeck

Dupe: it's the eyeshadow on the top row, second over from the left

Left: dupe, Right: Retrospeck

In the pan these look almost exactly the same (Even more so in person).  However, the ELF eyeshadow looks a little more brown in the swatch, whereas Retrospeck comes off more light gold.  When I use them on my eyes, though, they have the same "shimmery gold" look that is really pretty when paired with some slick black liner and lots of mascara.

Next is MAC Greensmoke and its dupe, the green eyeshadow from Maybelline Eyestudio quad in Mad For Mauve:
Greensmoke

Dupe: Maybelline

Left: dupe, Right: Greensmoke

I don't particularly like Greensmoke as an eyeshadow- it's a Lustre finish which I usually like (Retrospeck is a lustre as well and the pigmentation/texture is wonderful), but it's hard in the pan and takes a lot of effort to apply.  The Maybelline eyeshadow isn't the best in terms of pigmentation (Not bad, but not outstanding), but it blends wonderfully and the texture is soft.  I actually prefer that shade to Greensmoke, too.  I like that it has a little more green.

Do you own any of these eyeshadows?  

(PS- College packing is going well!  I have two more days before I leave and I think I'll be ready.  I'm so excited now!)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP