Powered by Blogger.

Review: Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free for Sensitive Skin

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Before I start this, I just want to note that I've been hesitant to review skin products.  It's mainly because I don't know much beyond the basics when it comes to skin care- I know what works for me by trial and error, and I go from there.  So, just keep in mind that this is a review based on my experiences with this product.  It may or may not work for you depending on your skin type!
The main reason I chose this skin product to review for you is that I'm on my second bottle.  I like it!  It takes me a good several months to use up one bottle, so it clearly doesn't irritate my skin or do anything bad to it (For the last 6 or so months I've been using it, anyway).
Like the title says, I'm talking about the Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free moisturizer for Sensitive Skin.  :)


You can find this at most drugstores and grocery stores for around $7-10, 4 oz.
It comes in a box, where the ingredients are listed.  Since I've had this for a few months I don't have the box anymore- here is the list of ingredients via drugstore.com:
Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cyclomethicone, Soy Sterol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Although my skin type changes a little with the seasons, it's consistently on the sensitive side.  After I wash my face at night my cheeks get a little rosy, and my face gets irritated by certain lotions/cleansers.  This was my reason for trying this the first time- I figured I needed a basic moisturizer that conditioned my skin; no bells and whistles.

The consistency is that of a creamy, thin lotion.  I really like it.  It feels light and one pump is all I need to cover my face.  My skin doesn't tense up after it's applied, nor does it feel irritated.  There is no scent to it which I think is good considering it's for your face.


(This picture looks terrible, sorry!  I didn't realize that until I uploaded it here.)

I really like that it's fragrance and alcohol free (One of the listed ingredients is "Cetearyl alcohol", which, according to its Wikipedia page- OK maybe this isn't the best source but I like Wikipedia, ha- is an "emulsifying wax".  Not alcohol as in rubbing alcohol.  

This doesn't have SPF in it so I use this primarily as my nightly moisturizer, unless I'm wearing foundation/TM that has SPF.  I do really like how it works with my sensitive skin, though, and for under $10 I think it's a keeper for me.  

Have you tried this moisturizer?  Do you like it like I do?  My sister uses the Healthy Skin Face lotion (again from Neutrogena) and really likes it- I've also heard good things about it.  It's a few dollars more expensive so I've stayed with this one.  :)

Thanks for reading!  


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP