Powered by Blogger.

(Maybe) Back To School Outfit & A Few Randoms

Monday, August 23, 2010

I really hadn't thought about planning my "first day of school outfit" since I only have one class that day (My schedule worked out really nicely this semester.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have two classes, then Wednesdays and Fridays I have one each.  Mondays I have off).  With all the posts I've read lately about back-to-school, though, I've been thinking more about it!  You guys have some awesome ideas for school hair/makeup and the like.  I'm pretty sure this is what I want to wear, but obviously it could change in the next three weeks.
The two clothing items here are actually ones that I "can't" wear yet- they're birthday presents, haha.  Typically my mom would come to the mall with me so I could show her a few things I really wanted, but today since I had been wanting to go to Pac Sun, I decided to just buy what I found and she could wrap them for me.
FYI, I haven't been to Pac Sun in YEARS.  When I used to go in there, it was all skater/grunge-type clothing.  They definitely have expanded!  They have a lot of clothes that are my style, and I was pleasantly surprised- they also are pretty affordable (I thought the prices were comparable to Forever 21).  They have all tops buy 3 get 1 free which includes cardigans/sweaters, so I was able to get a pretty good deal.
Anyway, excuse the rant!  This is what I'm planning to wear for my first class:



Knit dress: Pac Sun
Cardigan: Pac Sun
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: For Love 21 (F21 accessory store)
Sandals: Urban Outfitters

On another makeup-related note, I've been casually looking for a cheap makeup travel bag that holds makeup brushes.  I found one at Walmart today for a little over $5:

It doesn't feel of the highest quality (For $5 I didn't really expect that), but it's the right size I need for traveling.  I think I'll still look for a small pouch that I can throw in my purse or backpack (Something a little smaller), but if I need to use this, I think it will work.  I love the different slots for brushes.  These makeup taking your brushes along no problem at all!


Random question, but I'd love your opinions/answers.  I've been saving up my money hardcore, and what I really want to do is go to the MAC counter when I get to Chicago this weekend and buy something.  I never thought I'd be able to justify a MAC purchase, but I think I'm ready, lol!  As long as it's under $20 I'd be fine.  I'm lemming Viva Glam Gaga lipglass and I want to check out the Fabulous Felines collection, too.  Nothing has jumped out at me from collection previews but maybe in person something will.  I'm excited!  Any recommendations?  

Alright, time for bed.  Have a good night guys!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP