Powered by Blogger.

In My School Makeup Bag

Thursday, August 12, 2010

These kind of "back to school" posts have been going around lately, and it got me thinking.  With my school schedule next year I probably won't carry a specific makeup "bag", but I'll definitely carry a lip balm and extra eyeliner on me.  All my classes except one (Which is a freshmen seminar course) meet only once a week for almost three hours, so I won't be in one place for half the day.  In any rate, these are what I would bring with me if I chose to.



Things I would bring, in general:
A cosmetic bag (This is an old MAC one I always use for traveling- I got this as a birthday or Christmas present), a nude/versatile lip gloss, stick blush, neutral eyeshadow palette, 'colorful' eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow brush, eyeliner/highlighter pencil duo, eyeliner with smudge tip, small kabuki brush.

The following are just my picks from my makeup collection.  I wrote them out in general ^^ up above, because I think just having these basic items is what's important.

Nude lipgloss: Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Peach Petal- I actually wanted to feature Pink Whisper here, as I feel that one is more versatile, but I can't find it!  My sister used it for her photoshoot last week so I'm guessing she put it somewhere.  Anyway, a nude lip gloss is a nice pick for everyday looks.
Cream stick blush: N.Y.C. Blushable Creme Stick blush in Plaza Pink- Having a brush in stick-form reduces the number of travel brushes you need to bring with you.  And since I don't currently have any, this is a necessity!

Colorful eyeshadow palette: ELF eyeshadow quad in Silver Lining- I love the blue in this quad for lining my eyes, and the dark grey/black is perfect for making a smoky look.
Neutral eyeshadow palette: Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow palette in Vanity- This palette had to be featured!  Six shades of brown that will work for almost everyone.  This is perfect, IMO, for doing a quick neutral look on the go.

Highlighter/eyeliner duo pencil: Almay Bright Eyes eyeliner/highlighter duo- I really only use this when I'm traveling or on the go, and it's AWESOME for that!  You really only need this and some mascara to do a basic look.  
Eyeshadow brush: This is just one that came with an ELF eyeshadow set I got last year at Target- it has a black eyeliner pencil on the opposite end.  I hate the eyeliner, but I use this brush for travel because it's one of my inexpensive brushes (Translation: I don't care if it gets messed up in my bag).
Eyeliner with smudge tip: Neutrogena Nourishing eyeliner in Plum Drop- I love this eyeliner, and the smudge-tip end is so versatile.  You can use it to smudge your liner, and smudge eyeshadow into your lower lash line.  

Small kabuki brush- This is the kabuki brush that comes with the Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation.  It's scratchy- not soft at all- but it does the job when I need to buff in powder.  This is just working for me while I can find another inexpensive, small kabuki brush.  But like my eyeshadow brush, I save this for travel because I don't care if it gets smooshed.  ;)

What are your picks for 'back to school' makeup bags?  
(PS, I think mascara is a MUST.  The only reason I didn't feature it in my bag is because I typically don't leave the house without it.  And I don't like to do touch ups to mascara.  But if you're in a hurry, I'd definitely say throw in a mascara with your makeup essentials!)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP