Powered by Blogger.

Collective 'Haul': Random Goodies- Updated

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update:
So, I had a chance to try out the: Covergirl & ELF quads and B&BW Dark Kiss.  I am in LOVE with Dark Kiss- it smells so "expensive" and dark and mysterious!  The Covergirl quad is so pigmented!  I'm really impressed with this.  And lastly, the ELF quad isn't too pigmented like I said towards the end of this post, but it makes a really pretty neutral eye with a nice shading in the crease (Using the dark mauve color).  I'll try to do an EOTD soon with both of these.
-------------

I haven't done much heavy makeup buying the last week or two, but these are some random things I've purchased.  I keep going into Target or Walmart or wherever I am and only buying one little thing.  There hasn't been too much drugstore makeup that's screamed for my attention!


Top: Victoria's Secret Secret Garden hand & body creams in Luscious Kisses and Sweet Surrender
Middle: Maybelline single eyeshadow in Amethyst, Bath & Body Works lotion in Dark Kiss, ELF eyeshadow quad in Matte Mauve, Sinful Colors nail polish in Fiji
Bottom: Covergirl eyeshadow quad in Tropical Fusion

The VS hand & body creams I have wanted for so long!  Luscious Kisses has valencia orange, coconut and tonka bean; Sweet Surrender smells like jojoba butter.  
This Maybelline Amethyst eyeshadow is a really pretty purple.  If you have green or brown eyes, I think this would look gorgeous on you!  The pigmentation is also really nice.
Dark Kiss is the new scent from Bath & Body Works, so like with all their new scents, you can "preview" it in a travel size.  This is the $1 lotion.  It has black raspberry, plum, amber, vanilla bean, and balsam.  Very fall/winter.
This ELF Matte Mauve eyeshadow quad I've wanted from the website for a long time, but just never got.  I found it at my local Dollar Tree today!  They have a bunch of other ELF items, along with some Max Factor eyeshadows, Almay Pure Blends eyeshadows and lipglosses, and other new things.
Sinful Colors is on sale at Walgreens this week for $.99.  I picked up the color Fiji and really like it so far!  
Lastly is the Covergirl eyeshadow quad Tropical Fusion.  I stayed away from this because of my past experiences with poorly pigmented Covergirl single eyeshadows.  However, this one was just calling my name so I decided to try it.  Look how pigmented it is- at least for being Covergirl!
Obviously it's not crazy-pigmented, but for what I expected, it performed great.  I can't wait to try this on my eyes.  
Swatches of Maybelline Amethyst and ELF Matte Mauve:

The lowest performer in this group is definitely the ELF quad.  I thought this would be just as nice as my other quads, but it just failed in comparison.   

I'd highly recommend the VS Sweet Surrender hand cream.  Actually, any of the three in this collection are really moisturizing and light (There's one with cocoa butter and one with shea).

Thanks for reading!  And thanks also for bearing with my random posts.  I know I said to expect normal posting to resume, but my sister was here and we were spending every last minute together. 

Tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out, so as long as I'm awake and not feeling terrible, I should have lots of time to post.  :)
<3


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP