Powered by Blogger.

Review: Victoria's Secret VS Pro Eyeshadow Primer

Friday, August 13, 2010

This post is long overdue!  I knew the day I first gave this a full try that it was good, although I suppose an extra few weeks didn't hurt.  I usually have the problem of reviewing things too soon.

Anyway, this is the VS Pro eyeshadow primer from Victoria's Secret.  I hear about this left and right from the girls I work with, and like I've said before, they all love it.  So I decided to give it a whirl.

Price: $8.00 for 0.28oz
When you compare it to the similarly-packaged Too Faced Shadow Insurance, you are getting less product (Too Faced has 0.35oz but is $18.00). 
However, this is a much better value than Almay Bright Eyes eye base, which is about the same price ($8.99 at Walgreens) and 0.22oz.  

Formula: This is a very lightweight liquid that dries down to an invisible finish.  That's about how much I use for each eye- you really don't need much at all!

I'll show you my pictures taken in the morning/at night, and then I'll tell you what I like and dislike about  it.
AM:

PM (About 12 hours later):
(.....I can't wait until the swelling in my cheeks goes down.  It might just be me, but even from these pictures I can tell my face looks swollen!)

As you can see, this primer does its job- and in my opinion it does it well!  I really like that you don't need much product to cover the area, and it dries down to a finish that doesn't change the look of your eyeshadow.

Pros:
-Inexpensive and readily-available (To those of you who live in the USA)
-Eyeshadow adheres to formula and stays until you take it off (12+ hours- I've slept in mine on accident a few times and it lasts until morning)
-Squeeze packaging and flexibility allows you to get the last of the product out

Cons:
-Some might just as well pay more for cult-favorites like UDPP or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which at $18.00 gives you 0.35oz of product
-Formula is invisible, so it doesn't work to correct imperfections on the eyelid
-Doesn't dry instantly- I find it takes me about 10-15 seconds.  This doesn't bother me as it's enough time to work with both eyes, but for some it might be a problem.

Overall, if you're in need of a new, inexpensive eyeshadow primer, Victoria's Secret has a hidden gem.  I'm getting a backup for mine before I'm officially "done working" for the summer!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP