Powered by Blogger.

Mini Target Haul & Swatches

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I decided to take back the Pixi by Petra Eye Beauty palette that I posted about yesterday.  I tried them on my eyes last night and found the following: 1) the colors were very sheer, and 2) they felt like they weren't long-lasting.  I know that's hard to tell from only 5 minutes, but they were powdery and just didn't seem to "stick" to my eyes well.
This is now the second time I've returned an opened beauty item to Target, and they've been super friendly and helpful!  They haven't given me any problems.  I just got the money put back on a gift card so I could spend it there (about $15.00).


So guess what I found!  Those ELF Beauty Books!  This is the Super Target I went to today, so the regular Target in my town doesn't carry these yet (I went there yesterday).  But these were just sitting on an aisle display right near the beauty products, not advertised or anything.  I'm glad I saw them.
I was really lemming the "Eye Bright" Beauty Book from swatches online, but when I saw it in person, there were really only a couple colors I loved.  I decided to get the "Neutral Eye" edition because I'm loving plums/raspberries/golds/neutrals lately.
That was $5, so with the rest of my gift card I bought the Sonia Kashuk large crease brush and a Neutrogena Nourishing eyeliner in Plum Drop.



First I'll show you swatches of the ELF Neutral Eyes (Although I'm sure you've now seen these a million times, sorry!):
(The light nude on the bottom left reminds me a little of MAC Naked Lunch)

Top Row:

Middle Row:

Bottom Row:
These eyeshadows are just as pigmented, rich and creamy as the reviews I've read have said.  They even seen more pigmented than the eyeshadow quads, to me anyway.  I think I might just head back to Target (Again, for maybe the 100th time this week LOL) and get the Eye Brights edition just because the quality is so nice.
Swatches of Neutrogena eyeliner:
I finally used up the $3.00 off Neutrogena coupon I've been hanging onto.  This one swatched nicely for me, and it passed the rub test!  It's not rubbing off with just my finger, thank goodness.

Sonia Kashuk large crease brush compared with MAC 224:
Finally I have a stiff, shorter crease brush!  I've been wanting one that applies eyeshadow better for awhile, but haven't wanted to fork over the money.  This Sonia Kashuk one (on the left) was only $5.99, and since I had my gift card, I figured it was the perfect time.  It fits into my crease perfectly. 

That's it for my mini haul!  Thanks for reading, everyone.  Have a lovely day.  
<3

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP