Powered by Blogger.

My First EcoTools Brushes (I might have a new obsession)!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So, yesterday I drove to the other side of town where my big Target and Walmart are located.  I was hoping to check out their selection of brushes (The Target and Walmart that are on my side of town are a little smaller, and I've noticed they sometimes have more/less product).  I mainly wanted to see if they had any other interesting brushes (The unknown brand-named ones from Walmart, and Studio Tools from Target) that I "needed"!
On my way, I passed by a ShopKo.  The only reason I really go to ShopKo is because they sometimes have one or two different LE displays than I usually see.  This time I didn't see any cool displays, but I did see the EcoTools brushes!  And I finally found the bamboo bronzer brush in person!  (I really didn't want to have to buy it online)  They had the largest selection of EcoTools I've seen- my Walgreens and Target only have a couple of those travel sets.  They had two eyeshadow brushes, an eyeliner brush, several face brushes, the sets I've seen around, and even that Alicia Silverstone set that I've read reviews for.  I was excited!  So I purchased the bamboo bronzer brush and the eyeliner brush.
Then this morning I had to go to Walgreens to get notebooks for school (They have them all BOGO free!), so I of course wandered over to where the EcoTools are.  I picked up the 6 piece eye brush set- they just looked too cute and cozy sitting in their case (Besides, this set looks perfect for travel, and I currently don't have any travel brushes).


They are so soft!  I know almost every single review of these boasts about their softness, but it's like a luxury putting on your makeup with them.  And I only tried them out just now.  I'm not hesitating to wait until I've washed them, because they just feel and look so sturdy/high-quality.  

Bamboo Bronzer:

I hope you can see how soft this is.  I used this to apply my powder and bronzer this morning, and it is wonderful.  I haven't had a chance to wash it yet, but from the reviews I've read and my first impressions they seem to be sturdy and durable.  
This was $8.99 at ShopKo.

Eyeliner brush:

I didn't have an angled eyeliner brush before, so this was much-needed.  It makes applying eyeshadow as liner (something I do often) so easy and creates a precise line.  You can see how thin it is!
This was $3.99 at ShopKo.

6 Piece Eye Brush Set:
This set comes with 5 travel-sized eye brushes.  From left to right, a large eye brush, an angled crease brush, a highlighting brush, an eye shading brush, and a smudge brush.
This set was $7.99 at Walgreens.

(Large eye brush, Angled crease brush)

(Highlighting brush, Eye shading brush, Smudge brush)

The large eye brush is supposed to be used for applying and blending eyeshadow.  This is an oddly-shaped brush, but I'm curious to see how I like it.  The angled crease brush is quite a bit larger than the other angled eyeshadow brush I have (ELF $1 eye definer), so this will also be interesting to try out.  I think the highlighting brush will be the one I use least out of all of these, mostly because I don't like that style brush for highlighting and I already have good blending brushes.  The eye shading one will be good for the inner-corner or other precise areas, and I'm happy to finally have a smudge brush that isn't a sponge!  

Each of the brushes in this set has the name on the handle, which is convenient.  You'll always know how to use each one.  ;)

Do you like and use EcoTools?  Do you own any of these brushes I mentioned?  I'd love to hear your thoughts, like always!  Thanks for reading.  
(I'm so happy to have more makeup brushes, finally :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP