Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: How-To Using EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set

Friday, August 20, 2010

This is going to be my first "tutorial" EOTD.  I usually explain the basics of how I do them, but I think this step-by-step version will be a little easier to understand.  I wanted to do an EOTD showing how I use each of the brushes that come with the EcoTools 6 piece eye brush set, so this is a really easy, neutral look using purple to add a bit of color.  You'll see that I show the brush in the picture to demonstrate how and where to place the eyeshadow.  I hope you like this and I hope I did an ok job at my first step-by-step tutorial!  Like always, I'd love to hear any feedback you have.  


Products I used:
- EcoTools 6 piece eye brush set (All of them!)
- VS eyeshadow primer
- ELF eyeshadow quad in Nouveau Neutrals (All but the olive color)
- Revlon Perle eyeshadow in Violet Starlet
- Mary Kay eyeliner in Amethyst
- L'Oreal Bare Naturale mascara in Black

(I meant for these to be larger, but they didn't fit in the post very well.  Click to enlarge any of them)

1.  Apply a light shimmery neutral eyeshadow all over your eye area, using the Large Eyeshadow brush.
2.  Apply a light brown eyeshadow on your lid area and blend it up just below the crease, using the Angled Crease brush.
3.  Apply a medium purple eyeshadow into your crease, using the angled side of the Angled Crease brush, blending down into the outer half of your lid.


4.  Blend them all together using the Highlight brush.
5.  Apply a light highlight color to your inner corner using the Petite Eye Shading brush.
6.  Apply the same highlight color to your brow bone using the Highlight brush.


7.  Apply eyeliner along your upper lash line and inner half of lower lash line, and smudge using the Smudge brush (LOL, really?).
8.  (Before I did this step I re-applied any of the colors to make sure I didn't blend them all away)  Curl your eyelashes and apply your favorite mascara!

I'm still just loving this set of brushes.  I know when I first reviewed them I said they would make a great travel set, but I'm getting use out of them at home, too.  Totally worth the money.

Hope you all have a nice day- Happy Friday! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP