Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday Weekly Favorites: No Theme!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've actually been using a lot more this week, but they've been posted about several times already.  :)  Like, my L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara, Maybelline Amethyst single eyeshadow, Covergirl Eyelights Vivid Ruby eyeliner, etc.  While I'm thinking about mascara, I just wanted to share a trick with you- I'm a big fan of Clumps Of Mascara.  B is so funny, and hers was actually the first makeup blog I followed.  Anyway, she posted about this trick when applying mascara that really wowed me!  You swipe the brush up your lashes, but stop at almost the ends of them, and hold for several seconds.  It really helps "lift" them!

OK, back to my favorites.  :)
(ELF Neutral Eye beauty book, EOS Lemon Drop lip balm, NYC Shimmer Color Wheel face powder, Jane Blushing Earth Sheer blush, Maybelline Jade Unstoppable eyeliner)

ELF beauty book- I posted about this here (See that post for swatches, too).  There are so many lovely combinations with it!
EOS lip balm- I bought this a few weeks ago, and ever since it's been my favorite lip balm.  It smells just like a lemon bar and keeps my lips moisturized nicely.
NYC mosaic face powder- This color, Shimmer, was I think a limited edition one a year or two ago.  It's pretty pigmented and has been working nicely as a bronzer for me.  In the swatch below it looks orange, but the little amount I use doesn't show up that way.
Jane blush- This is the perfect "glowy" cheek blush, in my opinion.  It's shimmery but not overly so, and it's sheer so the color is buildable.  It gives me the right amount of color (Just a little!).
Maybelline Upstoppable eyeliner- These were on rollback at Walmart a couple weeks ago, and since I wanted a nice dark-green-but-not-teal eyeliner, I grabbed it.  It sure has good staying power!  It's not 100% budge proof (If you really dug your finger over it it would lighten a little), but definitely better than most I've tried.  

Swatches:
(Jane Blushing Earth Sheer, NYC Shimmer, Maybelline Jade)

(Jade eyeliner after rubbing my hand for about 10 seconds)

That's all for now!  Hope you're all having a nice day today.
(And if anyone is interested, my recovery so far has been wonderful.  The Vicodin is taking care of the pain because I haven't felt any yet.  My cheeks are swollen, but not too bad.  I feel so lucky, lol; I know so many people who just felt like death after getting their wisdom teeth out.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP