Powered by Blogger.

I feel like heaven with MAC!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Today my parents and I did a little shopping around in Chicago's "Magnificent Mile"- it's a strip of Michigan avenue that has basically every retail store you could ever imagine.  And there are a ton more stores down the side streets!  If you like shopping, it's an awesome place to be.
My mom and I were walking around when I remembered I wanted to find a MAC counter- I've been so anxious to see these products in person (And actually buy something), after not being able to for a few years.
The MUA was super helpful and nice; she tried out a few products from the Fabulous Felines collection on me, but nothing really stood out.  I loved the look of the Superslick eyeliners, the eyeshadow quads, and Mauvement pigment, but I just wasn't sold.  She basically went through each type of makeup (Blush, lip gloss, lipstick, eyeshadow), and the three things that I fell in love with were Club, Trax, and Naked Lunch eyeshadows.  Naked Lunch and Trax were the ones I got years ago, so I'm not surprised I still love them!  I am so excited that I got these.  :))


(Clockwise from bottom: Trax, Naked Lunch, Club)

Naked Lunch

Club

Trax

Naked Lunch, Club, Trax

Naked Lunch is probably my favorite champagne-colored eyeshadow.  It's lovely as a lid color with another shade in the crease.
Club is the one I've never tried before, but I just fell in love.  It's so cool!  It has so many different colors in it, so while it looks like a muted dark green/blue/gray in the pan, it has some red/brown in it that shows through when you swatch it.  Really, really pretty- I've read that you can get away with just wearing this as your eyeshadow.
Trax is a gorgeous deep reddish purple with gold shimmers in it.  The swatch above doesn't do it justice- I can't believe I didn't like this one years ago when I first tried it.  If you have green eyes I'd definitely recommend it.
Naked Lunch is a frost, Trax is a velvet, and Club is a satin, FYI.  

I'm definitely going back on September 2nd when the Viva Glam lipglasses are launched!
Do you love or own any of these eyeshadows, too?

PS: That Revlon finishing powder I talked about in my last post isn't anything special- it's pretty, yes, but for its normal price of $11.99 I wouldn't recommend it.  If you find it on clearance like I did, I think it's a good buy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP