Powered by Blogger.

Pixi by Petra Eye Beauty Kit in Mermaid

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

(I love seeing that little red/white clearance sticker at Target, LOL)



Today I was at Target (Again) with my sister, and of course we were snooping around in the beauty aisles.  Usually I overlook the "designer" makeup sold there, but I caught a few clearance stickers so I decided to take a closer peek.
All the Pixi by Petra Eye Beauty Kits were marked down from $28 to $14, and since I had $9 left on an old giftcard, I decided to see if any of them jumped out at me.  Um, Mermaid sure did!  I'm amidst a turquoise eyeshadow obsession so these just screamed "gorgeous".  And they look totally wearable.
Anyway, I have yet to try this palette out on my eyes, but I'm a little nervous.  I looked up reviews of these online just a minute ago and it looks like people hate them.  On Makeup Alley there would be like 5 bad reviews, and then 1 good one floating around.  I'm trying to not let that sway my opinion, though, since I haven't actually used them.

Swatches of left-side shadows, in same order:

Swatches of right-side shadows, in same order:
They are lacking in pigmentation, but these were swatched without a primer or base so I'm trying not to be too hard on them.  The shadows on the right side were much more vibrant than those on the left (However, on my light skin, light shadows have a tendency to all look similar).

These shadows are housed in a cute light green case, and the palette comes with a double-ended brush as well.  Props to Pixi for that- while I'm sure my eyeshadow brushes will work better, it looks like they at least took some effort and made decent-looking applicators.

To the touch the eyeshadows are really soft, so I'm sure they won't be hard to blend.  I will definitely do a look with these ASAP and go into more detail on how they apply!  

This was the first time I've looked in-depth at Pixi by Petra.  The eyeliners look REALLY nice; the colors were really pretty, and they didn't budge at all on my hand.  The blush/highlighter duos also looked pretty.  Unfortunately the price-tag is a little steep (If I'm going to pay $14 for an eyeliner I don't know how I feel about getting it from Target), but they are all packaged very cute.  :)  

Have you tried any of these eyeshadows?  Anything else you'd recommend from this brand?

PS- I've been seeing LOTS of those clearance stickers at both my Targets.  If you haven't been to Target lately, I'd recommend stopping by and seeing what's in yours.  The Super Target in my town has even more clearance items than my normal Target.

Update:
These are kind of letting me down.  I love the colors, but the pigmentation just isn't great at all (I'm also afraid the shadows are going to disappear from my lid in like 30 minutes).  I'm searching ravenously for my receipt.  If I find it, I'm thinking about getting one of the eyeliners or blushes.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP