Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Shimmering Neutrals & Black Liner!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tonight I'm posting about a look I've been doing variations of this past week.  The thing that makes it way different from my normal looks is that it's using black liner (it's eyeshadow used as liner, but you get the point)!  I never ever wear black eyeliner anymore- I did when I first started using makeup years and years ago, but usually I don't think my light skin can pull it off.  I've really been liking it for a change now, though (at least the way I've been doing it with eyeshadow instead of regular eyeliner).  So this is one way I've been doing it.  :)




It's just using shimmering neutral eyeshadows to help make the black line around my eyes "pop" more.  And for some one like me who is "scared" of black eyeliner looking too harsh, I think using black eyeshadow is a great way to pull off the same look but in a softer way.  I just used my EcoTools eyeliner brush for this and it's super easy!

All eyeshadow colors are from my ELF Eye Brights beauty book:

How I did it/What I used:
- VS eyeshadow primer all over eye area
- Eyeshadow #2 all over eye lid
- Eyeshadow #1 in inner corner and brow bone for highlight
- Eyeshadow #3 in crease and blended into my outer "v" area
- Black eyeliner smudged (very thin line close to my upper lash line just so the eyeshadow has something to stick to).  I used the black eyeliner that comes with this ELF beauty book.
- Eyeshadow #4 applied with angled eyeliner brush to line my upper lash line and outer half of lower, smudged 
-L'Oreal Bare Naturale mascara on upper and lower lashes


I'm really loving this kind of "glammed-up" neutral look!

As always, thanks for reading.  <3

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP