Powered by Blogger.

Review: E.L.F. Studio Eye Transformer

Monday, August 2, 2010

This is one of those products I have in my collection that tends to collect a lot of dust.  I purchased it not too long ago in my most recent E.L.F. order, but it hasn't gotten used as much as I thought it would (Which is too bad, because I was really interested in this!).  I should note that that isn't because it's a bad product.  I'll explain more in this review.



E.L.F. Studio Eye Transformer, available at eyeslipsface.com, $3.00.

What E.L.F. claims:
"Convert your shadows into brand new shades with these four opalescent shadows. Wear alone, under, over or in combination with your other makeup. The opal tones transform your dark color into a new shimmering hue.

Wear alone or in combination with your favorite eyeshadow or liner color to transform the shade. Simply blend in with other color to create your unique hue."

I had read a few reviews online about this, and I thought something along the lines of, "Wow, what a great idea!  I can use this to make one eyeliner into five!"  

You get four shimmery eyeshadows, in pressed form, that are designed to be layered over another dark eyeliner or eyeshadow to "transform" the color.  I was surprised to see that these were like powder eyeshadows- for some reason I was thinking they'd be creams.

Swatches of colors on their own:
(L-R: Colors in same order as palette above)

Swatches of colors over Wet 'n' Wild cream eyeliner in Black:

Swatches of colors over E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Coffee (dark brown):

Pros:
-Nice color payoff
-Each color does "transform" your normal eyeliner, so you get four new looks from a single color
-Inexpensive
-Shimmer is finely milled so there isn't much fallout

Cons:
-The green and pink are a little chalky
-Shimmery colors- not for people who don't like shimmer/glitter eyeliners
-Colors are a little different for eyeliner.  The only ones I could see wearing are the green and apricot.

Overall, this palette does what it claims to do and I think it does it well.  I probably wouldn't repurchase this only because I just don't reach for it much, but when I take a closer look at it (Like in this review), I wonder why not!  Usually when I apply my eyeliner, I just want something quick and easy that already has the color I want.  I also don't personally love shimmery/glittery eyeliner.  

Have you tried this product?  Do you think it's something you would use?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP