Powered by Blogger.

Wisdom Teeth=Gone

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So I finally got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning.  I wasn't too nervous going into it (Which is funny since I have a pretty big phobia of the dentist/teeth), mainly because my dentist has said several times that they're not impacted and shouldn't be a problem to remove.
Well, we get to the oral surgeon's office and are reading over the paperwork/agreement stuff.  What does it say?  Three of my teeth are partially impacted, and one is completely impacted.  Then I read another paper explaining the risks of surgery and types of sedation.  I had been expecting to be "consciously sedated"- where they put you to sleep, but not fully.  I guess this surgeon typically does general anesthesia, which is the normal "knocking you out, keeping you under".
That made me the most nervous.  I kept having nightmares about not waking up, haha.
But anyway, they took my blood pressure at first, which was surprisingly a little low (I thought it'd be like racing!).  They hooked me up to the IV, and that's when I got really anxious and started feeling light-headed.  So my blood pressure dropped, they gave me some blood pressure medication, and something to reduce the nausea.
That's when I fainted.  LOL.
When I came to, they started the anesthesia, and that's the last I remember!

I'm still not in any pain- it's been really nice!  I've been super tired, though.  My boyfriend told me once the numbness goes away a little I'll start feeling more pain.  But so far it's been OK.
I have this really stylist sock that has ice packs inside, which wraps around my head to help with swelling.  Haha.  Even though I'm crazy insecure right now, here it is:



Hahahaha.  Have a good day!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP