Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Featuring My Sister

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hey everyone, a quick apology for not posting yesterday.  It was my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, and we spent the entire day doing random things.  He lives an hour away from me so it's not often we get that much time together at once!  Anyway, I have a few posts waiting to be written so expect normal posting to resume.

Thursday, I did my sister's makeup for a "photo shoot" she had!  It wasn't really a photo shoot but she had to get her picture taken for an upcoming recital she'll be singing in.  The night before her session with the photographer, she was freaking out about how she would do her makeup.  I decided to try a look on her and lo and behold, she ended up loving it.  It's actually similar to the EOTD I posted about here.

I'm happy she let me do her makeup, but I'm more just glad I was able to cheer her up!  She was really frustrated about not being able to "do her makeup right", and after I finished she really liked how she looked.  A big thing she said made a difference was the blending I did.  Well duh, sister!  ;)

This is what we ended up with:



We used:
-VS Eyeshadow Primer
-ELF mineral eyeshadow in Natural
-Dark shimmery brown from Wet 'n' Wild Vanity palette
-Matte cream highlight from Vanity palette
-Mary Kay eyeliner in Amethyst (Purple/gold)
-ELF mineral eyeshadow in Royal (Dark shimmery purple- smudged on top of eyeliner and blended up)
-Covergirl LashBlast Volume mascara in Black

After reading up some reviews online (And being so impressed with my 'large crease brush'), I told her to check out the Sonia Kashuk Pointed Blending brush at Target.  It seems to be a very close dupe to my MAC 224.  And for someone like her who isn't crazy-obsessed with makeup, a $5.99 blending brush to get started sounds good.  Hopefully it works as well as it sounds!

Thanks for reading, everyone.  <3

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP