Powered by Blogger.

Review: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I have been so busy ever since I got here, so I wanted to start off by saying thank you for bearing with me! Classes don't even start until next Tuesday but there are events and random things to do all the time.  It's so much fun.
I haven't bought any new makeup since the three MAC eyeshadows I posted about last weekend (Nothing at the drugstore has caught my eye, and I'm trying to budget my money right now), but I wanted to do a review today of a product I purchased a few weeks ago.  This is a Revlon Illuminance creme shadow in the color Not Just Nudes.


What Revlon claims:
"Discover an endless spectrum of luminosity. Play with all 4 shades and watch your eyes light up a new way every time."

Price: Between $4.99 and $7.99 
Availability: You can find this at most drugstores- anywhere that carries Revlon products.
I got mine at Walmart for $4.94, so it all depends on where you buy it and if it's on sale.


I chose the color Not Just Nudes because I wanted something I could use as a base for most of my eyeshadows.  I use these over my eyeshadow primer and underneath powder eyeshadows, mainly to make them "pop" more.  This particular quad comes with a dark brown, a medium brown, a dark champagne, and a light nude/skin-tone color (The one I use most often- it's so versatile).

Formula: These are like your standard cream eyeshadows, but they blend effortlessly and are really smooth.  It doesn't take much to get them out of the pan- one swipe and product is on your finger.  I typically use one or two swipes for my eyelid.  


These don't crease as long as you're careful to use them over an eyeshadow primer and don't go too far into your crease.  I make sure I blend them out enough and don't use too much.  They really help my eyeshadows look more vibrant along with giving them something to adhere to!

Pros:
- Nice base for eyeshadows, don't crease
- Affordable and easily available
- Four eyeshadows in one compact
- Blendable and creamy
- Come in a variety of colors

Cons:
- If you can't get used to cream eyeshadows or dislike them, I wouldn't recommend these

Have you tried these?  How did they work for you?


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP