Powered by Blogger.

Comparison: Clinique Quickliner vs. Wet 'n' Wild Idol Eyes

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Monday!  I just got home from work; it was a good day.  :)  Well, the weather isn't so lovely- it's raining and super windy- but I can deal with that for now.  At least it's not snowing!

Anyway, I wanted to do a post comparing Clinique Quickliner for eyes in Roast Coffee and Wet 'n' Wild Idol Eyes in Dark Brown.  On my hand in real life, the two swatches look almost identical.  However, once I took the picture of them, I realized there is a slight difference.  They are still very comparable except that Clinique's is $14.50 and WnW's is $1.99.

First up, Clinique:


Wet 'n' Wild:


See?  They look very similar; both are retractable eyeliners (My favorite!  I hate sharpening pencils).

Top: Clinique in Roast Coffee
Bottom: WnW in Dark Brown

Clinique- Top is just the swatch; Bottom is after rubbing lightly.  
This eyeliner has AWESOME staying power.  I'm serious.  It takes soap to wash off the swatch, but I've never had troubles taking it off on my eyes with eye makeup remover.

Wet 'n' Wild- Left is after lightly rubbing it; Right is a normal swatch
Although this comparison shows that it smudges easily, I've had great experiences using this on my eyes.  This is actually one of my favorite drugstore eyeliners, as it is extremely inexpensive, and I love the darkness of the brown.

Overall, I would recommend the Clinique Quickliners over Wet 'n' Wild Idol Eyes, as long as you're willing to spend $14.50 on an eyeliner (Which really isn't bad for a department store product).  However, if you want a good, cheap eyeliner, I highly recommend Wet 'n' Wild's version.  I've gone through four of these already!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP