Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Teal and Gold

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hey everyone!  Happy almost Memorial Day.  I have to work all day tomorrow so it doesn't really feel like a holiday weekend to me, but that's ok!  It's finally feeling like summer here in the midwest, and I'm so excited to finally be bringing out more fun colors.  My "colors of the summer" are definitely going to be blues and turquoises, which is strange for me.  I've always, always been a true purple eyeshadow fan. I'm glad to finally be breaking out of my normal routine, though!
Anyway, this is a look I did a few days ago.  It started my current obsession: lining my lower waterline!  I did this when I first started using makeup, and then I stopped maybe 2-3 years ago because I thought I couldn't pull it off/it made my eyes look funny.  Well, the last week or so I've just fallen in love with it all over again.  :)



What I Used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base (all over lid, browbone, and underneath eye)
-MAC Dazzlelight eyeshadow (all over lid and browbone)
-NYC Waterproof eyeliner in Teal (upper lashline)
-Clinique Quickliner for eyes in Roast Coffee (lower waterline)
-ELF Eyeliner/Eyeshadow stick in Pearl/Glow (I used the Glow part- the eyeshadow- to highlight just under my eyebrows, the inner corners of my eyes, and underneath my lower lash line)
-Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara in Black


I love the pop of teal.  I used to think teal didn't look good with my eye color, but I think this deepened shade brings out more of the blue in them.

Oh, and before I go, I have a question.  :)  
What is your "color" for the summer?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP