Powered by Blogger.

How did you find the YT Beauty community?

Friday, May 7, 2010

Hey everyone,

Just a "chit chat" post about how I started watching beauty videos on YouTube.

It never really occurred to me to look on Youtube for videos about makeup and fashion. I read magazines and visited the websites of those magazines, but that was it.

So in April or May of 2008, I was searching Youtube for the latest episode of Gossip Girl.
And one of the most recent results was a makeup tutorial for the makeup of Georgina Sparks. I remember wondering to myself why anyone would actually go to the trouble of figuring out her makeup, but I was also really curious. So I clicked. And a few hours later, I had plowed through all of this girl's makeup videos. Her username was carrielizlacey, and her account has since been deleted, but she was my very first subscription. I made an account on YT so that I could subscribe to her.

For a while, I only watched her videos because I had no idea there were other makeup channels out there. But then I saw that carrielizlacey was subscribed to a channel called "MakeupGeekTV"... and.... well the rest is history :D

I often wonder what happened to carrielizlacey. I know it sounds weird, but I really liked her personality, and she wasn't bad at putting on makeup! And I wish she hadn't deleted her channel! 

So who was your first subscription? How did you find the Youtube Beauty community?

xox
Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP