Powered by Blogger.

Spring Fragrance: Satin Rose de Mai from Victoria's Secret

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I love the warm, luxurious perfumes that come out in the winter months, but there's something about spring fragrances that makes me so happy.  As a side note, I didn't get into wearing perfume until this past year.  I never realized how great it can make you feel.  I really notice a slight improvement in my mood when I wear a fragrance, though, and having the right one makes all the difference.
The first I fell in love with is by Victoria's Secret.  It's part of their Parfums Intimes collection, and it's called Satin Rose de Mai.


I should mention that I don't love it QUITE as much as I did when I first smelled it, but it's a favorite nonetheless.  And what says "spring" better than rose?  It's a lovely blend of floral and sweetness.  If it were purely "OH MY GOSH rose", I don't think I could pull it off, but it's not.  The floral is off-set with notes of yummy honeysuckle, grapefruit, and mandarin.
Now, I've heard some people refer to this type of scent as "grandma"- I totally disagree!  I think it's both lovely and wearable.  It's not a particularly light perfume, though, so one or two sprays is enough for me.


The Parfums Intimes collection is inspired by "the luxurious fabrics for lingerie".  There are five other scents: Chiffon (The newest addition- peony freesia), Velvet (amber blackberry), Cashmere (vanilla jasmine), Silk (mandarin santal), and Lace (orange flower).  The only one I own is Satin, but I love Velvet for winter months especially.

What scents do you like for spring?  Or do you wear one favorite all year round?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP