Powered by Blogger.

Review: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A few months ago, I was on the hunt for my HG drugstore mascara.  I went through probably 10-12 different tubes, each time hoping that mascara would be "the one".  I found a few I liked (Covergirl Lash Blash, no surprise!  Rimmel Volume Flash- to name a few), but I ended up going back to an old favorite that has yet to let me down:  Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express.

For between $6-7, it's fairly priced for a drugstore mascara.  And really, this one gives me WAY better results than other department store mascaras I've tried, that are double the price.

The wand is what you'd expect from a drugstore volume mascara- pretty standard, large and thick:
The bristles are nicely separated, though, which is something that sets it apart from most.

Naked lashes, not curled:

One coat of Volum' Express, curled lashes:

Two coats:

Three coats:

As you can see, this mascara layers nicely without too much clumping.  I love it for extreme volume (Which is what it promises; good job Maybelline!). 

Pros:
-It has a buildable formula that doesn't clump
-It delivers in both volume and length
-My lashes still feel flexible and soft, even after 3 coats

Cons:
-The only real problem I have (Which isn't too bad, considering) is that it dries really fast.  I'd say you would only need to wait about 10 seconds before applying a second coat.

Honestly, I had forgotten about this mascara until reading this article from Glamour.com, in which Volum' Express is featured.  And then my mom put it in my stocking for Christmas, so of course I had to give it a whirl again!  It's nothing new, but awesome nonetheless.  
What mascaras are your old favorites?


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP