Powered by Blogger.

Review: Covergirl Exact Eyelights eyeliner

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Because my mom ripped up my receipt from today's Target trip, I had no choice but to test out this eyeliner.  I purchased it in the shade for green eyes, "Vivid Ruby" ($6.99 at Target), and was intrigued by the "ruby" part of it.  I definitely don't have any eyeliners in the ruby color family, so I thought I needed to try this.
Well, it turns out that it's just a dark brown.  That's why I wanted to return it in the first place- I opened up the packaging, swatched it on my hand, and realized I had several other eyeliners that could dupe this.
However, I finally tried it out on my eyes tonight, and was pleasantly surprised.



The first good thing I can say about this eyeliner is that it's in pen-form.  Thank goodness for them, because I just have terrible luck sharpening pencils- I always end up breaking off the tip and sharpening off half of it in the process.
Anyway.  So I swatched this on my hand, and the color came out nice and rich, like a warm, medium-toned brown.  The swatch to the left is normal, and the one to the right is after I lightly rubbed it back and forth:
This picture makes it seem like the eyeliner smudges pretty easily, no?  But I didn't find any of that happening when it was actually on my eye.  I waited a couple of minutes after applying it to my eye, then did the same smudge test with my finger, and no product came off.  Sounds good to me!



I'm not so sure how much it really "brightens" my eye color, but this does seem to be a good, solid eyeliner.  I think I'll toss my other dirt-cheap eyeliners and use this as my main brown for awhile.  The application was smooth, it's soft enough to blend, but it seems to stay put after setting.

That mascara is a whole different story (The one I'm wearing in the pictures above).  I was going to do a review of this, but I threw it away already in frustration.  It's Rimmel Sexy Curves waterproof, in 001 Black.  I know a few of you have told me you love it, but I just can't get behind you.  :(  It clumped, refused to dry, and didn't do what it promised at all, for me.  I curled my lashes, but even then it refused to keep them that way.  I don't doubt that it works wonders for any of you, though- mascaras are different on everyone.  I love my Covergirl Exact Eyelights mascara, but I've read so many negative reviews!  
Anyway, that's all I have for tonight.  Time to get some sleep.  :)  Hope you're all having a great night!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP