Powered by Blogger.

Wet 'n' Wild, Icing, and Mary Kay

Friday, May 21, 2010

Today I ended up getting more makeup/beauty items than I had intended!  

(Note: I will add swatches tomorrow, as I am doing this late at night with poor lighting.  Thanks for bearing with me!)

I love going to The Icing (I work at the mall, so I swing by after my shifts), because every few weeks they have something new added to the clearance makeup tower.  I usually find some interesting nail polish or eye shadow for under $5, which is what happened today!  I got two nail polishes- a matte emerald green and a frosty champagne.

Lady Lucky

Champagne Bubbles
(This one is pretty streaky- in person it's not so bad that I won't wear it, but up close it's noticeable)

When I got home, I was welcomed with my order from Mary Kay!  I went to a party over a month ago, and the seller was unbelievably slow getting my product in the mail.  All I purchased was an eyeliner, so I guess I can understand why she didn't feel it was a priority, but still.  I had to call her multiple times to make sure she didn't forget about me.  She ended up throwing in a free eyeshadow to make up for the complications.  I purchased the eyeliner in Amethyst; a deep purple.  I really fell in love with it when I tried it on at the party.
As much as I looked forward to receiving this, I can't help but be a bit let down.  It's a mere .01oz of product.  Compare that to Urban Decay's 24/7 liners, which are .04oz.  It's TINY.  :/  This was $10.
(Note: I'm just using Urban Decay's liners as a comparison for the size, not the type of eyeliners)

This was the eye shadow my representative gave me; it looks to be a sample.  It's called Precious Pink, and is .05oz.  It reminds me of the size of those eyeshadows that come in mini makeup sets- like ELF's, for example.

Lastly, I went to Kmart tonight, because I had to grab a couple more of those Wet 'n' Wild palettes while they were BOGOfree!  Of all the products here, I am most excited about these.  
I got Greed and Pride:
Greed

Pride

And that's it!  All I spent today was just over $10- both of The Icing polishes came to $4.77 after tax ($2.25 each), and with the BOGOfree I only paid for one of the WnW palettes ($5.29 after tax, approximately).  The Mary Kay eyeliner I paid for awhile back.  I just love how easy it is to satisfy a makeup "craving", as I call it, on so little money. 

Is there anything in particular here you'd like to see reviewed?  Just let me know.  
Happy weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP