Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: The Icing nail polish in Peacock

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Compared to how often I've been doing my nails lately (Several times a week!), I was way overdue for a new coat of polish.  I was wearing Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro nail enamel in Steel Grey for over a week, and as you could probably tell from my pictures, it was chips galore.
I finally got around to painting my nails tonight, and I just love this shade!  I got it maybe a month ago from The Icing and it was on sale for I think $2.25.  It's called Peacock:



It's a perfect mix between blue and green, in my opinion, and it's not too "in your face" bright or anything.  That's enough to win me over!  While I love bright colors, sometimes I feel like I have a hard time pulling them off on my nails.



Yep, there's some duo-chrome action going on, too!  That's another thing that makes this polish look so cool.  It's green, but in different lights you can see some purple-y gold hints as well.
See?

Gorgeous!

I have several polishes from The Icing, and I've been pretty satisfied overall.  The formula is on the thicker side, but once you get used to it it's no problem.  With a decent top coat, I get several days (3-4) of wear on this before my tips get a little noticeable.  Other than that, there was no real chipping that I experienced (I also had a change of heart and decided to switch the color after 4 days, so I didn't test it for too long).  I'm not sure if all of The Icing's nail polishes are this durable- I have some pastel creme-like ones, but I haven't paid attention to how much they chip yet.
These normally sell for about $4.50 each, but I think The Icing always has BOGO1/2off on cosmetics.  And I always check their redline items to see if any good beauty products have been marked down (Like this one!).
Hope you're all having a good night!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP