Powered by Blogger.

Review: NYC Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil

Thursday, May 27, 2010

For some reason I just discovered these pencils- I'm probably way behind, but I had honestly never seen them until yesterday!  The only places I know of that carry NYC in my area are Target and Walmart.  When I came across them at my Walmart, I got really excited.  :)  Urban Decay 24/7-looking eyeliners for $3.99 with a $1.00-off coupon?  Yes, please.



I got mine in Teal, which is exactly that- a darkened blue-green with just a small amount of sheen.  No shimmer.
See how smooth they look?  They perform just as smoothly, too.  The packaging looks cheaper than Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils, but that's to be expected at $3.99.  I'm not one to get hung up on that though.


I was really impressed by the staying power these had on my hand.  The left swatch is normal; the right is after letting it sit for 10 seconds and lightly rubbing my finger back and forth against it.  How did it last on my lids?


Without a base, I noticed some teal in my crease after about 1 1/2- 2 hours (Keep in mind I have pretty deep-set eyes and not particularly oily lids).  However, with a base- I tested this all day today- I found no creasing whatsoever.  The eyeliner stayed put on my upper lash line and looked just as vibrant this evening as it did this morning.  Nice!  I did only test it on my upper lash line, though- I rarely wear much eyeliner on my lower, so I'm not sure how well these would work in the waterline, either.

I did just do some reading up on MUA's reviews of this, which you can find here:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=77212/Waterproof_Eyeliner_Pencil_-_all/New_York_Color/Eyeliner
Most of the comments were good, and a lot of people thought it really worked well on their waterlines.  


For $3.99, I think these are a really affordable, good quality eyeliner for anyone who likes Urban Decay's 24/7, L'Oreal HiP, or Milani Liquif'eye.  They are super-smooth to apply, and they hold up to 8+ hours of wear- as long as you use a base.
Another plus:  If you can find them, they also come in a decent variety of colors for a drugstore eyeliner: Black, Dark Brown, Mink, Smoky Plum, Moody Blue, Sky High, and Teal.

Oh and one more thing- you can do like I did, and use the $1.00 off any NYC product from Allyou.com (That I posted about here).  That brings the price down to only $2.99!  You can't use more than one of these at once, but I'm sure you can print out multiple and use them at different times.  



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP