Powered by Blogger.

Question and EOTD: Smokey Purples

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I have a question for you all, and any kind of answer is welcome.  I went to Target with my mom earlier today, and I bought Rimmel mascara and Covergirl eyeliner.  Well, I thought they were the ones I wanted but when I opened them up, I wasn't as satisfied.  I'd really like to go back and exchange them both for other versions, similar prices.
My question is:  Does Target allow you to exchange opened makeup?  
Nevermind; my mom tore up my receipt already.  Haha.  Oh well.

Now onto my EOTD.  I tested out WnW's Lust palette that I purchased yesterday in this look, and I'm in love!  At first I really wasn't sure about the colors, to be honest- they looked way too dark and bold for me to pull off.  But I tried it out, and somehow they're workable.  The pigmentation is great, they blend fairly well, and so far their staying power is good (The pictures were taken at about 2:00pm; I did my makeup at 8:00am).

What I used:
Almay Bright Eyes eye base
Wet 'n' Wild Lust e/s palette
Wet 'n' Wild cream eyeliner in Black
Rimmel Max Volume Flash mascara in 001 Black









I ended up using all 6 colors from the palette in the end, lol.  Here's how I did it (Picture of palette below for reference):
1.  The light pink shade all over my lid
2.  The shimmery cream shade on my browbone for a highlight
3.  The dark purple/gold shade (middle right) in my outer crease, like a slanted "V"- along my crease and above my upper lash line, if that makes sense.  I used my ELF defining e/s brush for steps 3 and 4.
4.  The medium purple shade (middle left) above the darker shade from step 3- so, just above my crease.
5.  The shimmery silver shade applied with my MAC 217 blending brush, blending on top of steps 3 and 4 and also adding in this silver color.
5.  I lined my upper lash line with the darkest purple/black shade (bottom left).
6.  I topped that with a thin line of the cream eyeliner from WnW.
7.  Lastly, I applied two coats of Rimmel mascara.

I really love this look!  I have to work tonight, so I think I'm going to re-apply some purple to my eyes just to amp up the color (I work in a retail clothing store, and with our all-black "dress code", it's OK to wear colorful makeup so long as it's not over-the-top).

Thanks again for reading, and if you have any advice for me regarding my question above, I'd love to hear it.  :)



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP