Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Green/Blue and Question/Rant

Monday, May 24, 2010

So, today I was at work helping a couple younger high school girls with the makeup (I work in the beauty side of Victoria's Secret).  A co-worker of mine was also lending a hand, although she rarely works in beauty (And hates it, I should add).  She was giving her two cents to this girl, who wanted to try some colors "out of the box", like turquoise, purple, etc.  She just didn't know how to do it.
There I was all excited to help her!  I kept showing her these different ways to apply the eyeshadow so it wouldn't be too "daunting" for her, since she was used to neutrals.  And my co-worker sits there saying how the color wouldn't go with her eye color.
I was like... WHAT?  Why limit yourself to only wearing the colors that "go" with your eye color?  I have green eyes, for example, and I love to wear green shades of eyeshadow.  The right green brings them out.  She wouldn't have any of this- she'd only wear purple eyeshadow with green eyes, or neutrals.
I used to always buy eyeshadow based on my eye color.  Now, though, I try not to hesitate with different colors.  The only thing I really go by is how warm or cool the shade is- my skin tone is on the cool side, so I lean towards cooler colors.

That brings me to my question: Do you consider your eye color when buying eyeshadow?  Or do you go with whatever catches your attention?

(I should add that I still go crazy for those eyeshadows/palettes that are partial to your eye color, though.  I fall for almost anything that promises to "brighten" your eyes!)

This brings me to my EOTD... featuring WnW Pride palette (The green/blue one)


What I Used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base
-Covergirl Eye Enhancers 1-kit shadow in Bedazzled Biscotti all over lid
-the two middle colors (matte green and shimmery turquoise) in WnW Pride palette in crease
-the shimmery white color in WnW Pride palette for highlight
-Covergirl Eyelights eyeliner in Vivid Ruby along upper lash line and outer lower lash line
-Rimmel Max Volume Flash mascara in Black 



I mean, who says you can't wear the same color eyeshadow as your eye color?  This obviously isn't green like my eyes, but it's in a similar color family.  I think as long as you get the right shade, or use other colors along with it, you can make any eyeshadow work.

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear your opinions about eyeshadow!  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP