Powered by Blogger.

Another Non-Beauty Post: My Everyday Favorite (Healthy!) Foods

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eating healthy foods and getting in exercise are pretty important to me.  Today I'm going to talk a little about the things I like to eat on a day-to-day basis.  I really thank my parents for instilling healthy messages in my head.  They raised me on lots of fruits and vegetables, which has in-turn made me love eating them as I've gotten older.  

Possibly my favorite snack of all time is apples and peanut butter.  I've read that with peanut butter you should eat the full-fat kind, instead of the reduced-fat (Like I have), but I'm so used to the reduced-fat that I just go straight for that.  I think it tastes just as good.  Another favorite snack that I usually eat before dinner is carrots and my favorite dressing, Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch.  My mom raised me on Light Ranch, so I'm really used to eating it.  But this stuff doesn't taste light to me at all!  And I threw the blueberries in there because I could eat the entire package in one sitting (If they aren't soft and soggy).  Fruits are just so wonderful!

This is a portion of "my part" of the pantry (I live at home).  I love energy/nutrition bars as an afternoon snack, especially when I'm at work or going straight there to my boyfriend's house, who lives out of town.  Clif bars are my favorite, but I also like Luna bars.  This is actually the first time I've tried Balance (I've heard mixed reviews so we'll see!) Update: I LOVE these!  The cookie dough kind that I got taste just like a slab of cookie dough covered in chocolate.  The Special K Protein shakes are so yummy, and I have one some mornings alongside my breakfast.  I started drinking these when I was trying to gain some weight a few months ago, and I decided I really liked them.  They really help tide me over until lunch.
Side note- I don't eat/drink these just for the protein, but it does help give me energy and keep me full!

I love oatmeal for breakfast.  Typically I'll either eat this or a banana and a Special K shake (I'm not a huge breakfast person), it just depends on how much time I have.  I love that it keeps me satisfied.  Sometimes it even feels indulgent, but that's only really when I have the Maple & Brown Sugar kind and I slice up bananas.  
Lastly are pretzel sticks, and my goodness, I think people associate me with these and my fuji apples.  It's kind of sad, but I always eat them!  For some reason I just love pretzels, probably because of the saltiness and texture.  These were 2/$4 today at the grocery store too; I was happy! Haha.

Now this isn't to say I don't LOVE sweets, because I have a mega sweet tooth!  My godparents always sent me candy along with my birthday presents when I was little; I'm pretty sure when they thought of me they thought of swedish fish.  At any rate, I still love anything sweet, but I try not to eat much of it daily because so much sugar makes me feel sick.  On a regular basis I like things like those Clif bars (Maple Nut) that taste like dessert, to me anyway, but are still nutritional.  When I want to have something extra yummy, I LOVE me a Starbuck's Vanilla Bean frappuccino (Holy Lactaid!).

These are just some of the things I like to eat; they're not the only things I eat.  I don't get as much dairy in as I should, and it makes it harder that I'm lactose intolerant.  I try to drink skim milk or have yogurt on occasion, though.

What kinds of foods do you enjoy eating?  Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP