Powered by Blogger.

Review: Wet 'n' Wild Mega Volume mascara

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I think it's time to declare this week "Wet 'n' Wild Week" on my blog!  :)


I'm happy to finally get this post up, because I don't know about you, but I've been curious about Wet 'n' Wild's new mascaras.  The other products they've revamped (Namely the eyeshadows and lipsticks) have proven to be of great quality, and I just wasn't sure how the mascaras would perform.
This is the Mega Volume mascara in the only color it comes in, Black.  They also have Mega Length, Mega Plump, Lash Intense (The one I returned today), Mega Protein, and Mega Wink mascaras.

You get 0.27oz of product for $2.99.  Just as a comparison, Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express mascara gives you .31oz.  So this mascara is smaller in size than a typical volumizing mascara.

A look at the brush:
The brush is what you'd expect from an average volumizing mascara.  It's large, fluffy, and pretty generic.
One thing I don't like about the packaging is that the opening of the tube is a little small for the size of the brush.  Extra product accumulates at the top every time I take the wand out of the tube.

A look at its performance:
(Bare eye, lashes not curled)

(One coat, lashes curled)

(Two coats)

As you can see, this mascara does hardly anything for my lashes.  It doesn't "cling" to them as I apply it, and it definitely doesn't volumize.  From far away you can barely tell I have mascara on.  Personally, I'd rather not even wear mascara if it produces no results!

Pros:
-After re-reading the description, it DOES say it gives you "natural-looking volume".  I'll give it to Wet 'n' Wild that it makes my lashes look natural- but like I'm not wearing anything.
-It won't dent your wallet at only $2.99.  And if you get it as part of a BOGO like I did, you can get it half-priced or free.
-The packaging is small, so it's good if you like something easily portable (Although this is a negative for me too because I'm not getting as much product).

Cons:
-Doesn't add volume
-Formula isn't very buildable (You can tell a slight difference between the 1st and 2nd coats, but not much)
-Doesn't "cling" to my lashes well and isn't noticeable

I got this mascara BOGO 50% off with my purchase of their Lash Intense mascara.  However, since this mascara was such a fail, I returned that one.  Their others may be better than the Mega Volume, but I'll let you decide for yourself if it's worth $2.99.  I think I'm staying far away from their mascaras after this!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP