Powered by Blogger.

Trip to Walgreens- Wet 'n' Wild and Rimmel

Monday, June 7, 2010

Things have been kind of hectic around my place this weekend, which is why I haven't posted until now.  We had extended family staying at our house and barbecues to go to.  Family is now "out of my territory", so I'm feeling much more relaxed to say the least.
Today I went over to Walgreens because they have Rimmel lip & eye products 50% off.  I also had a $2/1 coupon to use that I printed from Allyou.com a couple of weeks ago (I took Recessionista's advice and waited until this week to use it!).
I got another tube of the Max Volume Flash mascara, and then spotted the Wet 'n' Wild tinted moisturizer that I've heard a lot about.  I picked one up in Beige.

Rimmel Max Volume Flash mascara in Very Black

WnW Ultimate Sheer tinted moisturizer in Beige

I was really excited about getting the mascara again- I love this mascara.  It really clings to my lashes and makes them look the closest to falsies than other ones (With the exception of Maybelline Colossal Volum Express).  Look at the brush:


It's fat and spiky, but the bristles really get into your lashes and separate them.  At least my old tube did- this one that I got today doesn't look so promising.  Maybe I got a bad tube?  I don't know, but I'm hoping that another go tomorrow will have my lashes looking better.  When I got home today from Walgreens and tried on the mascara, it just went on horribly.  :(

Anyway, on to the tinted moisturizer.  Here are a couple of pictures:


This looked super peachy in color when I tried it out on my hand, but on my face, it's like the perfect color.  It's actually the exact OPPOSITE of what happened with my Physicians Formula TM, which looked perfect on my hand, but just slightly off on my face (But still wearable).  I'm actually going to do a quick post comparing the two TMs to each other, so stay tuned for that!
I wore this on my face for the last half of the day, and so far it's good for only $3.99.

Here's the best part of my shopping today:  the value!
Rimmel is 50% off at Walgreens this week, so that took my mascara from $6.98 to $3.49.  Then I had my $2/1 coupon, which brought it down to $1.50.

Monday, 6/7/10 5:00pm
Sorry that this wasn't posted earlier!  I mean for it to go up yesterday evening, but I was having some issues with Blogger.  It looks like everything is working for me now, thankfully.

So, have you tried either of these products?  What are your thoughts on them?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP